I 130 maybe sent to wrong USCIS

I 130 2010

Registered Users (C)
I am an F-1 student. My mother is a permanent resident in Oklahoma. Last July, she filed a I130 petition on my behalf. We thought it would be sent to the USCIS Texas Center, it was sent to the California center instead. I would like to know if it is possible to transfer my case to the Texas Center.

Thank you,

:eek:

There is no set rule as to where a case is going to be sent for review. Petitions from Texas residents don't automatically go to TSC.

Thank you VisaNutz. I called USCIS customer service and they told me maybe TSC was not accepting petitions at that time. They told me that I could make a Transfer Request. Any idea how to do that?

Thank you,

Leave it where it is. They have their own criteria for transferring cases; they'll either ignore you or delay your case if you try to get it moved elsewhere.

Are you still under 21? Or some months past 21 and protected by the CSPA? If yes, what you need to worry about right now is filing the I-485, rather than where your case has been transferred to.

Thank you Jackolantern,

I was surprised they sent the I-130 to California instead of Texas. What worries me now is the California processing time which is about 5 years. It is going to be a long wait for me since I have been an F-1 student for 6 and half years now and I am way over 21. Is California Center going to treat the I-130 differently since it has been filed from a state (Oklahoma) that is out of its jurisdiction?

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your answers.

Hi,
We just send in our I-130 this month.
We are applying under F2A.
Currently we live in TX but our file is transferred to California as well.
For some reason, they printed a priority date on my NOA (receipt notice)....is that normal to get a date w/o approval?

Hi,
We just send in our I-130 this month.
We are applying under F2A.
Currently we live in TX but our file is transferred to California as well.
For some reason, they printed a priority date on my NOA (receipt notice)....is that normal to get a date w/o approval?

Hi,
We applied under A2B. We also got a priority date on the receipt notice, but sorry I don't know if it is normal to get it without approval.

Why would you want to worry about it. Anyway your I-130 filing date is your priority date, then if it is being mentioned in NOA nothing wrong in that. If your date becomes current & I-130 still pending and if beneficiary in US then you can use NOA receipt to file I-1485 showing it PD.

I was surprised they sent the I-130 to California instead of Texas. What worries me now is the California processing time which is about 5 years. It is going to be a long wait for me since I have been an F-1 student for 6 and half years now and I am way over 21. Is California Center going to treat the I-130 differently since it has been filed from a state (Oklahoma) that is out of its jurisdiction?

You are in category F2B, which currently has a wait of more than 6 years according to the visa bulletin. They might have sent your case to California because there is no pressing need to approve it anytime soon. Even if approved today, you still can't do anything with it for years, and you're almost surely going to have to leave the US before your priority date is current, unless you get an H1B.