i-130 denial for my sister. mum filed for them

jamesbrown2009

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

I was hoping someone here can assist my mum and I. My mum filed i-130 for three of my siblings. One got approved but the other two has late birth registration. We want to appeal the decision. We have less than 20 days to appeal it. we submitted two affadavit leting them know the original birth certificate was obtained with three months of birth but both birth certificate are lost.

USCIS still denied the i-130's. How do we go about requesting for re-opening the case and submitting to a DNA test?. the birth certificate is genuine but it was registered late due to the missing original certificate. Help please thanks.

Did you not get an RFE for more evidence of the parent-child relationship before the denial? That is the usual process.

We got it and we responded. But got denied for not providing enough information or document for why the birth was registered late.

We got it and we responded. But got denied for not providing enough information or document for why the birth was registered late.
Ok, maybe you want to speak to a lawyer, I’m not sure the basis for appeal if they told you what they wanted and you didn’t provide it. Did they not give you the option of a dna test in the RFE, that you say you haven’t done one yet? I have personally seen one of these RFEs and I understand they are quite standard in giving a fairly detailed list of documentary options as well as dna option if you don’t have enough documentary evidence. You might want legal advice on the prospect of a successful appeal.