I-130 Case transfer from NBC to Service Center

dhlunar

Registered Users (C)
I read online in order to balance the workload, I-130 cases for immediate relatives are being transferred from the National Benefits Center to Texas, Nebraska, and California Service Centers. Besides getting a letter in the mail that the case has been transferred to a new location, will the online case status be updated? If the online case status updated is it a message that states it was transferred to x location or it is just going to be a "soft touch"? USCIS posted on Monday (10/21) the workflow balance notice. How soon does USCIS start transferring the work after the notice is published, and when is the earliest transfer notices may be received by applicant/petitioners? Will USCIS try to keep I-130 for family members (one filed for dad and another filed for mom) together?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=e7801c2c9be44210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

I am sorry to ask all these questions. My wife submitted an I-130 for her mom and dad back in June and expected the I-130 processing process not to take this long. We have received very little information regarding the expected processing times from both Immigration Information Officers in person through INFOPASS or from first-level 800 agents. Hopefully, as a result of balancing the workload this part of the process can be completed soon.

Interesting development.
From what I can see the processing times for I-130 are longer ( 9 months at NBC) than other required forms such as I-485. Would that mean that joint filing of I-130 and I-485 are processed together or do they remain separate?

Interesting development.
From what I can see the processing times for I-130 are longer ( 9 months at NBC) than other required forms such as I-485. Would that mean that joint filing of I-130 and I-485 are processed together or do they remain separate?

A jointly filed I-130/I-485 will always be processed together in accordance with the I-485 processing timeline. Usually with a jointly filed I-130/I-485 the I-130 is not approved until the I-485 is approved by the interviewing officer. This notice regarding workload balance is in response to I-130 standalone applications. Standalone I-130 are usually filed with the beneficiary (GC applicant) is outside the US and will apply via an immigrant visa through consular processing.

My question in regards to keeping family applications together is due to the fact that my wife needed to file two I-130 in order to petition both her parents. An I-130 was filed for her mom and another I-130 was filed for her dad. Both petitions were sent in the same envelope to the Chicago lockbox and the receipt numbers are one number apart.