I-130 approved..What's next?

cperez05

Registered Users (C)
After waiting for 7 LONG months, I finally received a letter stating that my I-130 petition for my husband was approved. He lives in the Dominican Republic and I am a US citizen. How long will it take for the National Visa Center to send me the forms? How long does it normally take for an interview in the Dominican Republic? I know that DR is EXTREMELY Delayed in this process but I'm praying that there is some type of hope that my husband will be here at least by the beginning of the year. Can anyone please help? Thank you

Catherine,
Once I130 Petitiond get approved, NVC further processes it. As you are citizen, Your husband will not have to wait for Visa Number. The NVC process will take around 4-7 or more months depending on how soon you sent the documents they ask.

You will Receive
DS3032 - Choice of Agents Form & AOS Fee Bill
AOS (Affidavit Of support) Forms
DS230 Fee Bill
DS230 & Other Documents Submition Requests

Thanks for the info. Although some people have told me different. Someone told me that as soon as I submit the paperwork it takes 60 to 90 days for the interview. I highly doubt it because I know that visas for the Dominican Republic is EXTREMELY SLOW..I have an aunt who is waiting for her two eldest children it's been almost 10 years. The sooner the better. I just want my husband here already :(