I-130 approved, went to NVC but want to delay the process

abumiqdad

Hi.

My wife's I-130 petition for her natural born child (of a USC) has just been approved by the Service Center.

Though i was made to understand the next step for it to get to NVC (before i get a case number) is around 3-6 weeks (and it might take longer for us to get the letter from the USA to our foreign address).

My question is that, how long would the next step be until we get the visa in hand?

"On February 21, 2018, we sent your case, Receipt Number LIN________________, to the Department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov . The website will provide information on what to do next, who to contact, and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address."

Since we have changed our migration plan (that we want to delay our move to the USA), my questions are as follows:

1. While I am reading the Begin NVC processing here https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html ) have questions on each step:

Step 1: Choose an agent (which i will choose myself as the agent - though i have not seen the form or how to do so)
Step 2: Pay fees (USD 325 right - the final payment for this visa)
Step 3: Submit visa application form (DS-260 )
Step 4: Collect financial documents (child of USC which will be USC upon entry will be exempted for this step - so I-864W form)
Step 5: Collect supporting documents (not sure what documents need to be provided - would this be the same one that got submitted for I-130? )
Step 6: Submit documents to the NVC

2. What way is the best way for us to delay the process so that, if we want to resume with the process, it will take us less time, from when the process was "suspended", to the stage of getting the visa in hand (which allows us to travel into the USA within 6 months)?