I-130 approval and filing 485, 765 and 131

Kng2000

Hi,

I became a US citizen recently. I filed my wife's I-130 when I was a LPR. Now I understand from INS customer service that, I should wait until her I-130 is appoved to file other forms. INS website says we can file the forms in the local office. Is there any change in filing procedures? I already sent a request letter for upgrading her case to citizen sponserd I-130 application. Any information will be of great help.

Thanks,
KG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I am in the same boat with you. Can you please post here when your I-130 is upgraded and how many days did it take and also the sebsequent process for the adjustment of status.
I got my citizenship in August and I sent the 485 package to Vermont asking them to upgrade my I-130 and process the I-485 form. They have sent my application back and gave two reasons.
I-130 is still pending and I-485 is not handled by Vermont and I should send it to local District Office.
It was then that I called Vermont and they asked me to send just my Naturalization certificate to upgrade my I-130 first and then I can send the I-485 to the district office after I-130 is approved.
Two months have been wasted untill now.....
Thanks and Good Luck to you,
Sri

I-130

Hi I am also in the same boat. I have filed for my wife on December 98. She is now in V visa. Her application hasn't been approved yet. I became US citizen on september 30th. What should I do to upgrade her application to USC . Thanks