I-129 Petition returned to USCIS

nsatya

Hi All,

My I-129 was petitioned by my petitioner with my Job title as a Programmer Analyst, when I do not have any programming experience, which was quite evident from the experience letters and my resume. I have a strong experience in maintenance of databases and applications.

While getting interviewed at the consulate I was asked to write on a piece of paper that I have no programming experience and I was given a letter by the consular officer stating that my I-129 will be returned to USCIS. I was not given 221(g) check list which I had seen given to others.

Following is the content of the letter given to me.
====================================
Based on the documents you have submitted to us, and the information elicited in your interview with an American Consular officer, you do not appear to be qualified for an H-1B temporary work visa.

In accordance with United States Law and Department of state guidelines, action on your case has been suspended, and the I-129 Petition for a non-Immigrant worker filed on your behalf will be returned to the USCIS with a memorandum explaining the facts of your case as presented to us at the time of interview. The US Consulate in Chennai is no longer handling your case, and will be unable to give you any information on the status of your petition.

For your information, your visa was refused today under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and the Nationality Act(INA). Essentially, this section states that a visa cannot be issued to anyone whose application does not appear to the consular officer to meet the requirements of the INA or of the regulations thereunder.

=================================

I'm not sure about my current status. Please guide, what should be my next course of action.

Thanks in advance.
nsatya.

221(g) with Refusal Letter

---------------------------------------------------------------
Hi NSatya!,

Recently I attended H1B Visa interview at Chennai Consulate and got 221(g) alongwith the letter which is exactly given to you by VO.

What are the further steps you have taken?

Please share your experience with me thru :
arundhathi99@yahoo.com

H1B - 221g

Hi Satya and spandana

yesterday I attended H1B Visa interview at Chennai Consulate and got 221(g) alongwith the letter which is exactly given to you both by VO.

What are the further steps you have taken?

Please share your experience with me thru :
naganalla@yahoo.com

hi satya
can u tell me ,, whats the status of ur visa now ?? even i got the same .. so kindly help me.. what did u do get the visa

thanks in advance
tub