i-129 Approved

aircraft24

Hi,
I'm currently working on a TN Visa (Mexico and obtained through a consulate).
I got a new job offer and the new company filed an i-129 form with premium processing.
And today I am able to see on the USCIS case tracker that it was approved: "My Case Has been Approved", In addition, the laywer forwared me an email sent by the USCIS saying that it was approved.

As per my understanding, the lawyer selected "Change of employer" option.

I have some questions:

Is it safe to resign now or it is better to wait until I see the i797 (they haven't received it yet?
When do I need to stop working for my old company? Can I give 1 or 2 week notice?

Regards

It is better to wait at least for the receipt to join. IF you are in dire consequences of resigning your current company that wont be a problem. Now you can have at least 60 days without pay before joining new employer.
From an immigration standpoint, X person can start with Y company once he has received confirmation that the petition was delivered to USCIS.

Yes you can give 2 or 3 week notice before quitting.

"From an immigration standpoint, X person can start with Y company once he has received confirmation that the petition was delivered to USCIS"

Incorrect. One can begin working on TN only after approval of I-129, not simply receipt of the I-129 by USCIS.