How's life in Canada???

jnabers

Hi,
My family and I are living in Alaska and are thinking of moving into Canada. My husband is in the mental health field and I have experience in the Secretarial and Clerical fields. I need any information you can give me about moving into Canada. Job market, public schools, living expences, would we qualify for your health plan, what areas of Canada are the warmest. It rains all time in Alaska where we live. I don't want to live where it rains constantly. My husband is also considering furthering his education and working toward his doctoral degree, what are some good universities, and do they offer financial aid or student loans? Also, if we move to Canada for a job and say the job doesn't work out can we continue to live in Canada, looking for other employment? Any information you can provide me with would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

jnabers said:
Hi,
My family and I are living in Alaska and are thinking of moving into Canada. My husband is in the mental health field and I have experience in the Secretarial and Clerical fields. I need any information you can give me about moving into Canada. Job market, public schools, living expences, would we qualify for your health plan, what areas of Canada are the warmest. It rains all time in Alaska where we live. I don't want to live where it rains constantly. My husband is also considering furthering his education and working toward his doctoral degree, what are some good universities, and do they offer financial aid or student loans? Also, if we move to Canada for a job and say the job doesn't work out can we continue to live in Canada, looking for other employment? Any information you can provide me with would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.
If you don't like rain, don't move to Vancouver. We moved from Vancouver to Phoenix for the same reasons you're moving. There' s probabaly some website that shows average annual rainfall. I found one a long time ago for the US. The interior of BC is nice. The summers are warm and the winters are probably still better than Alaska. If you don't like to cold any longer, don't move to Ottawa.