How to verify address with INS??

Aakash28

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Last month my FP expired and INS sent the new FP notice to the wrong address even though I did COA (both Ar-11 and called INS 1800) almost 6 months back. So somehow I came to know that my FP were sent to the wrong address (through help from Senator's office) and that I missed the deadline but somehow managed to get my FPs done. Now, last week my wife's FP also expired and I am worried if the same thing is going to happen - and this time I do not think I would be so lucky... So I am wondering if there is any way I can confirm my address with INS?? Experts please suggest..

Thanks

AR-11 is irrelevant to the address change with respect to the GC processing.
You need to call the VSC service line (the 1-800-375 whatever) number.
When I moved, I sent an AR-11 and later came to know that it's not sufficient and called the VSC customer service number.
Once I updated it with them, I had an LUD and also got a written confirmation via snail mail.
So call them up and have them change your address. You probably will see the LUD and also get the confirmation in the mail.
Good luck!
nj_skm

Some times even that is not sufficient

In my case, I updated my change of address in AR-11 and also CIS.
And I also got mail from USCIS that my address is updated with new address.
But when I received FP notice it went to the address where I applied my GC.
Luckly, my attorney sent those notices to current address.

Then I gave a call to 1-800 number they told me to write a mail to VSC
with the address change mail I got from USCIS and a letter explaining the issue. And after I sent that mail after four days I saw LUD.

So, some how even though we update the address it is not always updated correctly in USCIS system.

Kirdar

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I already did what nj_skm when I applied for COA and I also received the confirmation letter from INS ...but even after all that the FP Notice was sent to the wrong address. And to make things worse my lawyer also did'nt notified me about the notice so I missed out on my appointment date. Anyhow I do not wan't to receive the same with my wife's case.... So probably mailing the letter to VSC should do the trick..