how to request expedited processing

sgritsko

Anyone has a suggestion?
Here is my case.
I am an US Ciitizen.
My mother’s -130 application was approved on a priority basis. and I have just completed the Affidevit of Support. However, my sister is awaiting approval of her application. This may take as long as seven to ten years. My mother is unwilling to leave her behind to remain completely alone in Moldova especially given the sacrifices my sister made on her behalf. Therefore, my mother’s health and welfare is at stake during the waiting period. I fear that they will not be able to survive until my sister receives approval of her application.
My family resides in Moldova, a republic that belonged to the former Soviet Union and one of the poorest countries in that region. In July of 2006, my mother suffered a massive stroke shortly after my father was diagnosed with terminal esophageal cancer. My father, who had been the principal breadwinner in the family, died two weeks after my mother experienced a stroke.

My mother’s stroke incapacitated her and my sister interrupted her career to be her primary care provider during the recuperation period. My sister chose to do this because reliable help is nearly impossible to find in Moldova. Even when a private caretaker is hired, there are many instances of theft, neglect and abuse. Therefore, my sister decided to make this sacrifice for my mother’s sake. It is important to add that my mother and sister are the only members of my family to remain in Moldova. They are without a local network of support to rely on.
As you can imagine, my father’s illness exhausted their savings. Also, the loss of his income as well as my sister’s income has devastated them financially. I have been able to provide some help. However, as a single parent, I am not able to maintain two separate households. If they were to come to the USA, they could live in my home and in my community where I have an extensive network of support.
Also, in light of the superior medical care available in the USA, we anticipate with expert rehab, my mother would be able to resume work at some point in the future and certainly, my sister could apply her skills as a teacher of Russian language. Here in the USA, I am already financially established and have lots of space in my home for them. I am positioned to help them through this crisis. In Moldova, however, they have no financial resources and there are no social services in their very poor country. I am writing to request expedited processing of my mother’s and sister’s immigration applications on humanitarian grounds and because of the crippling financial losses that my family is experiencing during this waiting period.
I have requested expedited processing of my mother’s and sister’s immigration applications on humanitarian grounds and because of the crippling financial losses that my family is experiencing during this waiting period. Is there anything else that I can do?
Thanks

I was very saddened by your story and May God help them. Very first suggestion I can make is to write a letter to your senator and the first lady and ask for their special attention. Along with that write a letter to the editor of some national newspaper and see if they can get you well deserved exposure. As far as law is concerned it can take your sister over 6 years. If I was in this situation I would take the above mentioned suggestions.
I am not a lawyer so please act with care. Best wishes.