HedgeFund

Registered Users (C)
Priority Date: July 2001
LC AD: Sept. 2003
140/485 RD: Jan. 12, 2004 VSC
FD Date: Nov. 2004
140 AD: Dec. 16, 2004
485 AD: Waiting (EB2)

I recently got a very attractive offer from a company based in LA. My worry is that if I take this offer, then probability of my 485 case being transferred to LA local office will increase by a lot. My questions are,

1. If I take the LA job, is my case going to be transferred to CSC? I spoke with a VSC rep and she said the case will remain at VSC, but how often these people are right?

2. In order to minimize the chance of local transfer, I think I should not notify
VSC about my change of job, but is there any downside of doing so?

3. I will file AR-11 when I change address but may choose not to call VSC to
update address, as telling VSC about address change may trigger local
transfer, is this true? Am I required to update VSC with new address?

4. If I keep the lease of my current apartment in NJ (meaning I still have my
current address), even I move to LA, Do I still need to file AR-11 and
update VSC about my new address? All I am doing here is trying not to let
VSC know that I have changed job. Is it legal?

5. If I leave my current job, does my current employer have any obligation to
notify VSC that I have left, such as withdrawing my H1B and I140? What
do companies usually do when GC applicants leave?

6. How long it takes, on average, to get an interview in LA from the date that 485 case is transferred to LA CIS office?

Any comments are very much appreciated.

HedgeFund said:
Priority Date: July 2001
LC AD: Sept. 2003
140/485 RD: Jan. 12, 2004 VSC
FD Date: Nov. 2004
140 AD: Dec. 16, 2004
485 AD: Waiting (EB2)

I recently got a very attractive offer from a company based in LA. My worry is that if I take this offer,

then probability of my 485 case being transferred to LA local office will increase by a lot.
---- that is not true they may not transfer, but you must update USCIS by writing a letter that you have changed address, write your I-485# A#, your past address and new address attach I-485 filing reciept and out side the envelope write ATTN: ADDRESS CHANGE on pending I-485, send it with certified return reciept. also update NCSC on 1-800 and also file form AR11
My questions are,

1. If I take the LA job, is my case going to be transferred to CSC? I spoke with a VSC rep and she said the case will remain at VSC, but how often these people are right?
------- they may not transfer, some time they transfer without any reason
2. In order to minimize the chance of local transfer, I think I should not notify
VSC about my change of job, but is there any downside of doing so?
---- I will update VSC and send AC21 letter
3. I will file AR-11 when I change address but may choose not to call VSC to
update address, as telling VSC about address change may trigger local
transfer, is this true?
-not true
Am I required to update VSC with new address?
------- Yes do that or they will send FP or any RFE or approval to past address, filing AR11 or updating NCSC may not change your new address on I-485, better send letter to VSC
4. If I keep the lease of my current apartment in NJ (meaning I still have my
current address), even I move to LA, Do I still need to file AR-11 and
update VSC about my new address? All I am doing here is trying not to let
VSC know that I have changed job. Is it legal?
----- why are you scared of transfer? only 5% cases are transfred to local office, change of address is not the only criteria that they will transfer to local office
5. If I leave my current job, does my current employer have any obligation to
notify VSC that I have left, such as withdrawing my H1B and I140?
--he can withdraw the H1 and can send letter to revoke I-140, but if you update USCIS with AC21 letter then USCIS will not revoke the I-140 becase your I-485 is pending more than 180 days and your I-140 is approved
What
do companies usually do when GC applicants leave?
------ take the I-485 filing reciept and if possible try to get the approved LC copy( particularly FORM ETA750A that has your job duties in item 13 on it, if you can get that form then easy to write the same job duties on AC21 letter of new employer)
6. How long it takes, on average, to get an interview in LA from the date that 485 case is transferred to LA CIS office?
------ Check the I-485 transfer to local office thread
Any comments are very much appreciated.
---- if you have not used EAD better join new employer with H1 transfer as good back up

ginnu said:
---- if you have not used EAD better join new employer with H1 transfer as good back up
Dear ginnu,

I have seen many of your posts in this forum, you are a very kind person, all of us who get replies from you really appreciate your input.

I made some major sacrifice in my career for GC in the past and now I am almost at the end of this journey, that is why I am very careful. A friend of mine who is an immigration lawyer advised me to do as little as possible when it comes to providing info to CIS and he suggested only file AR-11 if I take the new job.

One of the common issue is that we often get different or even opposite ideas from CIS reps, lawyers and friends like yourself. In any cases, I want to say thank you again.

BTW, have you seen the 485 processing date jumped by 3 months in VSC from 10/29/03 to 01/29/04? How much will you read into it?