HedgeFund

Registered Users (C)
Priority Date: July 2001
LC AD: Sept. 2003
140/485 RD: Jan. 12, 2004 VSC
FD Date: Nov. 2004
140 AD: Dec. 16, 2004
485 AD: Waiting (EB2)

I recently got a very attractive offer from a company based in LA. My worry is that if I take this offer, then probability of my 485 case being transferred to LA local office will increase by a lot. My questions are,

1. If I take the LA job, is my case going to be transferred to CSC? I spoke with a VSC rep and she said the case will remain at VSC, but how often these people are right?

2. In order to minimize the chance of local transfer, I think I should not notify
VSC about my change of job (AC21), but is there any downside of doing so?

3. I will file AR-11 when I change address but may choose not to call VSC to
update address, as telling VSC about address change may trigger local
transfer, is this true? Am I required to update VSC with new address?

4. If I keep the lease of my current apartment in NJ (meaning I still have my
current address), even I move to LA, Do I still need to file AR-11 and
update VSC about my new address? All I am doing here is trying not to let
VSC know that I have changed job. Is it legal?

5. If I leave my current job, does my current employer have any obligation to
notify VSC that I have left, such as withdrawing my H1B and I140? What
do companies usually do when GC applicants leave?

6. How long it takes, on average, to get an interview in LA from the date that 485 case is transferred to LA CIS office?

Any comments are very much appreciated.

1. If I take the LA job, is my case going to be transferred to CSC? I spoke with a VSC rep and she said the case will remain at VSC, but how often these people are right?

No you case will not be xfrred.It remains at VSC.I also had the same question sometime back and my attorney said that the case would never be xferred and it never is.It remained where it was.The only time the case will xferred to the local office is for the interview.There is no way that a case would be moved between centers even if the individual asks.

2. In order to minimize the chance of local transfer, I think I should not notify
VSC about my change of job (AC21), but is there any downside of doing so?

It is always better to inform the VSC about your change of employment thru AC21.

3. I will file AR-11 when I change address but may choose not to call VSC to
update address, as telling VSC about address change may trigger local
transfer, is this true? Am I required to update VSC with new address?

When you call the INS automated system the instructions are clear to inform the appropriate center with your new address where your pending petitions are filed .

4. If I keep the lease of my current apartment in NJ (meaning I still have my
current address), even I move to LA, Do I still need to file AR-11 and
update VSC about my new address? All I am doing here is trying not to let
VSC know that I have changed job. Is it legal?

I did the same thing sometime back with two addresses and my attorney suggested me to attach a letter with AR11 to INS and another same copy with AR11 to the appropriate center stating this is my primary address and the new one as a secondary address and that I would be commuting back and forth back.Well you have to inform the VSC about your change of address.The address has to be there I mean something to show you are resident there.Lease or power or phone bills to show your are there is ok.

5. If I leave my current job, does my current employer have any obligation to
notify VSC that I have left, such as withdrawing my H1B and I140? What
do companies usually do when GC applicants leave?

The employer always can withdraw the I140 unless it is I485 and you are past the 180 days time frame.Some companies like mine when I laid off didn't withdraw their I140.

6. How long it takes, on average, to get an interview in LA from the date that 485 case is transferred to LA CIS office?