How to know wheather name check is cleared?

In my understanding, you need to get the answer from FBI, if you want a definite answer. Only FBI will never answer you directly. So you will need to contact your senator or a congresman and ask them to make an inquiry to FBI on your behalf. That's what I did and it worked. I would not try to get this info from USCIS because it's very likely you will get the wrong info if any.

I called FBI customer service and gave them A #.They said they send inquiry back same day to USCIS.
Is name check and biometric information we send through ASC is two different things?

I called FBI customer service and gave them A #.They said they send inquiry back same day to USCIS.
Is name check and biometric information we send through ASC is two different things?

Totally different. Name check is the one where most people gets stucked.

3 ways:

1. Congressman/Senator's office by way of inquiry. It could take a long time, depending on where you live. If you live in a big city, the senator's office might be not that responsive and friendly.
2. Infopass, ask specifically about name check.
3. USCIS 1800 number, ask specifically about name check. Sometimes they refuse to give you the info. All you need to do is to hang up and call at some other time.

Dear Group,
How to know wheather name check is cleared?
Thanks