how to go to college? (dream act)

Atlantia

Hi,
my situation is pretty much same as everybody here. Currently I'm a senior in high school, looking forward to go to a college in US. My mom came here on a F1 visa, and im here on F2 visa. When my mom graduated from completing her masters, she couldn't find a job; so her status became expired. As a consequence, now i'm illegal too. It's really sad to live your life hiding all the time. I don't want my life to be like that. I don't have a social security number, driver's license, not eligible for financial aid, and can't apply to college b/c of my status. (eventhough Im ranked as 3rd out of 103 kids and straight A's). What can I do, to go to college? What's happening with this dream act? any help or comments would be really appreciated.

Hello!

Hello, :)

My name is Laura. It sounds that you are a really good student. You should call some colleges (private) and let them know your situation.

I am in the same situation. I have called so many private colleges and most of them said that they didn't care about your status as long as you are a good student.

You should go to the thread that says "What is the process of the DREAM ACT" because it has a lot of info about this. You can also find some information about me and other helpful hints there.

Have a great day!!! :)

Each and every school need your status. Even if you are in valid F2 , H4 and L visa you will be considered as an international student. Definitely all schools need see your status before they give any admission. (ofcourse they need good students with valid status). If you are eligible you can apply or change the status to F1 too. Consult a good attorney

lala5 said:
Hello, :)

My name is Laura. It sounds that you are a really good student. You should call some colleges (private) and let them know your situation.

I am in the same situation. I have called so many private colleges and most of them said that they didn't care about your status as long as you are a good student.

You should go to the thread that says "What is the process of the DREAM ACT" because it has a lot of info about this. You can also find some information about me and other helpful hints there.

Have a great day!!! :)