How to get J1 visa home residency waiver from the government of West Bengal


New Member

I was wondering if somebody here has experience with getting the J1 waiver from the government of West Bengal. I already have the waiver PDF document from the MHRD. Is it possible to send this waiver document via email to somebody in the West Bengal government (Foreigners Branch of the Home Department of the state of West Bengal)? If so, what would be the email address? If not, what would be the steps to follow to get this waiver?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Hello Brother,

I am also from WB and recently in the process of doing the same. Any update on your NORI case please?
To obtain a J1 waiver from the West Bengal government, it is best to contact the Foreigners Branch of the Home Department of that state directly. Their contact details can be found on the official website of the Government of West Bengal or through search engines. You will have to mail your documents or go to their office in person.
Thanks @MaeveHaynes Just submitted it today through my relatives. Any idea what the timeline is for processing documents from the Foreigners Branch and RPO Kolkata?