how to get decision of asylum application when lost pick up notice!?

samual

Registered Users (C)
A friend of mine just got asylum interview at New York . And officer informed she and her family have to come back get decision after 2 weeks.
My friend question is :
1:Is it a clue means they deny her application? Cause she heard some people said when u got approval and they will notice by the interview.
2:She didnt get any paper likes pick up notice..Is this a matter when going back to pick up decision of application?
3:If they deny it. what is next step she should do..And takes how long to process this kind of appeal in New York?

A friend of mine just got asylum interview at New York . And officer informed she and her family have to come back get decision after 2 weeks.
My friend question is :
1:Is it a clue means they deny her application? Cause she heard some people said when u got approval and they will notice by the interview.
2:She didnt get any paper likes pick up notice..Is this a matter when going back to pick up decision of application?
3:If they deny it. what is next step she should do..And takes how long to process this kind of appeal in New York?

1. No it is not. It is normal for the applicant to return in two weeks to pick up the decision. The officer cannot make a decision on the spot. He or she often needs time to think about the story and do more research. Also, whatever decision the officer makes the decision needs to be approved by a supervisor. With so many fake cases around, they have internal quality control measures.

2. Did she lose her pick up notice? That could be a problem because she may not be allowed to enter the building without the paper. I would call the asylum office.

3. You will have to see an immigration judge. This takes a while in NYC.

My friend question is :

I have been waiting for 3 months. No decision for me yet.
Your friend is lucky because he/she will get the decision in 2 weeks. My interviewer told me that they would send me the decsion by mail with no estimated time. It's been 3 months already.

well,my friend went to asylum office today for pick up decision...and informed there is not decision yet..and they would send by mail too...what is next..can they apply for working authorization card or license??

well,my friend went to asylum office today for pick up decision...and informed there is not decision yet..and they would send by mail too...what is next..can they apply for working authorization card or license??

Your friend can apply for work card after 150 days from the filing date of the pending asylum application or he/she can apply after getting the recommended approval.

I forget to bring my pick up notice paper to Miami where the interview was placed.
I don't have a pick up notice with me , but I have a scanned copy also picture of it. Would it suffice if I present copy of the pick up notice instead of printed(physical) one ?