How to GC for adopted child

foret1

Registered Users (C)
hi all,

i need some help and guidance. my brother in law and his wife want to adopt a poor girl from our country, but we are completely clueless on the process and afraid of being taken for a ride by stupid lawyers. i am hoping that someone out there might have some idea on the process and can help clarify a bit for us.

here is the situation: my brother in law has GC and is about to file for citizenship. his wife is a citizen and the girl is back in our country. we are trying to figure out what the best options are for the girl. some questions are:

1-is there a specific adoption process to follow for the girl to get the GC?

2-our laywer is telling us that a private company will come out to check my brother in law's house to make sure its suitable and that this company may charge about $1,500. any idea if this accurate? anyone had this before?

3-how long will it take to get GC for the girl? will it be fast (lest than 1 year) since his wife is a cizitzen?

4-will she get my brother in law's priority date through derivative status or will she be categorized as 1st preference under his wife who is a citizen?

i really hope someone can help. thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts and experience on this!!!!