How to find if LC has been used already?

saravanans

Registered Users (C)
The employer says he has bunch of approved LCs with him but did not know which one was used. The attorney who took care of this is not working for him anymore.

Can someone please tell if we can findout whether an LC has been used already to file I-140?

Thanks for your help,
SAR

Only the past lawyer or your company HR can inform you. Or ask your employer to get copy of all the files from past lawyer, lawyer always keeps the copy of complete I-140 petition and LC copy is attached with it. Lawyer cannot refuse to give all the files to your Employer.Or you can go to past lawyer office with employer letter to allow you to see all the files and then copy all the LC filed and match with pending LC with the employer you will know what has been used

One more question, pls

Thanks Ginnu.

My employer has already got all the documents from the attorney. Only person who worked with the attorney was our office assistant and she does not know which document is what?!! I do not know how an LC approval would look like either. Can you provide, any Form #, keywords or terminologies that will be in the approval document? I have seen only my H1-B and H4 approvals, so far!

Thanks much,
SAR

Approved labor certification: is has first page that is from Federal DOL and states name of Beneficiary, DOT code and date when it was approved with that you will find Forms ETA750A and ETA750B (they were submitted by Company), on ETA750B it is Signage of Employee also, DOL approval letter is at top with ETA 750A and ETA750B

If you have the original it almost certainly has not been used. The original ETA-750A will have a multicolor stamp on the bottom of it.