How to expedite AP

nyc8300

Registered Users (C)
I saw somewhere on the forum....one can expedite an AP in life/death kind of cases. Please post details here....
Thanks

U can get the information from USCIS website

I saw somewhere on the forum....one can expedite an AP in life/death kind of cases. Please post details here....
Thanks

Go to www.uscis.gov you will know how to expedite AP.U click services & Benefits icon and notice column accelrated processing. Click that. On the right hand side top you see USCIS Expedite Criteria. Click there u will get the details.

I heard you can get a letter from a doctor back home that parents are sick or something, then you go to one of the uscis local offices and you can get AP in the same day

Yes. You have to gather all the evidence thats needed (Doc's letter, Letter from your employer in case of business trip, etc) and take an Infopass appointment. At that point of time, you will be given an appointment to meet with an Immigration officer at the local office, where you can present your case. They will approve and provide you with a temporary AP using which you can travel. Carefully track the validity period etc and make your travel plans.

If you are still on H1 and have a valid Visa and an 797 Approval for extension, you could still travel, but I am sure you might have considered and ruled out that option, maybe.