How to Correct a Mistake in N-400 Form

mapletree

Registered Users (C)
Basic information: I mailed N-400 to Phoenix, AZ on July 8th and got Check cased on July 13th, received letter of notice on July 17th. Priority date is July 9th. Got finger printing notice on July 20th, scheduled finger print on August 8th.

My mistake: today, when I read N-400 form again, I found that I checked wrong box on items 34-39 on page 9. I should have checked YES on these items (Oath requirements). But I checked NO on these items when I fill N-400 form. Would like your help. Do I need to send another corrected N-400 to Phoenix, AZ, or just wait to correct them during the interview in the future. Thank you very much.

Mapletree

Mailed N-400, July 8, 2009
Check cashed: July 13, 2009
Recieved letter of notice: July 17, 2009
Priority date: July 9, 2009
Received finger print letter: July 20, 2009
Scheduled finger print: August 8, 2009

Thank you.

Would like other people know this. Do not make this mistake in the future. When I fill N-400 form, I thought all boxes should NO, and did not read the instruction carefully.

Mapletree

mapletree ... I did the same exact mistake on my n-400 can you give an insight of what happened in your interview ... cheers

mapletree ... I did the same exact mistake on my n-400 can you give an insight of what happened in your interview ... cheers

Don´t worry about this issue.
Before starting the interview you can say to IO that you have a mistake when filled N400 and want to update your file. Try to take with you the corrected page with the YES answer. IO likes to have an easy job.
You will be under oath and you can change whaterer you want in your N400 and 99% IO will ask you the questions in N400.