How to Convince Company HR department that TN Visa is not a Sponsorship

Muhamm123

Hi Everyone,

I am seeing this trend now, that most of the companies considers or taking TN visa as a sponsorship and relating this in H1-b category. which is not completely correct if they provide TN letter and candidate will go to POE for stamp
For me Sponsor ship is something when company is investing or paying money for this process for example:
Hiring attorney, filing petition, Evaluation, etc

/But in TN case all they have to do is to Print a letter on Company letter head which is a zero cost for the company i.

TN status does require company sponsorship. It is much easier sponsorship than H1B or L1, but it is sponsorship.

Yes, almost all online job applicant tracking portals have the question, "do you require sponsorship".
They almost all have the question "are you authorized to work in the US" as well.

It's impossible to give a blanket statement which covers all HR departments for every company in the USA.

You are asking the wrong question and trying to solve the wrong problem. You don't try to "convince" HR of anything.

Instead, discover what their actual concerns are, so you can educate them and relieve those concerns. e.g.:

a- are they worried about spending money?
b- are they worried about waiting for your approval?
c- are they worried about scrutiny from CBP/INS?
d- are they worried about extending an offer to someone who might not get work permit?

We all know that those worries are baseless... except "D", which is highly subjective but for the most part very low, since people looking for TN jobs tend to know in advance whether they qualify or not.

Are there US employment agencies or US legal firms that specialize in recruiting Canadian citizens on behalf of US companies that sponsor TN visa for employees?? I am a Certified Management Accountant (US) and fulfil all educational and work experience requirements.