How to convert from Primary applicant AOS to dependent AOS,while working on EAD?

slkrk

Registered Users (C)
My I485 case filed two years back and my PD is 03/2001 in EB3 and my application is still waiting as my I140 is not cleared. Recently I got RFE on My I140 about company financial info and yet to reply with response. I am currently working on my 3rd EAD.

My wife case is in EB2, PD 03/2005 and I140 is cleared since the visa dates are current, we are thinking of using her case as primary applicant to file I485 (AOS) and switch my case as dependent on her process.

Can you please let me know the options and issues that I may encounter in switching the process?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I really appreciate if you can share your experiences and know of any cases that are in the similar situation....

My I485 case filed two years back and my PD is 03/2001 in EB3 and my application is still waiting as my I140 is not cleared. Recently I got RFE on My I140 about company financial info and yet to reply with response. I am currently working on my 3rd EAD.

My wife case is in EB2, PD 03/2005 and I140 is cleared since the visa dates are current, we are thinking of using her case as primary applicant to file I485 (AOS) and switch my case as dependent on her process.
----------------file your second I-485 as derivative with your wife I-485 and on I-485 form write your A# that is on I-485 filing reciept ( you will be safe if your I-140 gets denied as it has RFE)
Can you please let me know the options and issues that I may encounter in switching the process?
------------no problem, one file I-485 as Primary and also can file dervative, nothing in law prevents you filing second I-485
Thanks in advance for your help.
----------------
------------------------