How to calculate processing times?

gcfinder

Registered Users (C)
485 details
----------
My RD is June-29-2007
My ND is Sep-11-2007

Today TSC posted the processing time for 485 as July-17-2007

When Can I call customer service to find out the status of my case?
If I call now, she is saying that my case is not is beyond the normal processing time.

When will my case becomes "beyond the normal processing time"?

Shd I wait for 30 days from now? OR Shd I wait till date on TSC website for 485 is > July-30-2007? (30 days greater than my RD of June-29-2007?)

Please advise.

Thanks
GCFinder

gcfinder,
the date specifed for processing time (July-17-2007) is for the date, where all applications that are received before that date are attended/completed. this might be untrue for some people/cases and the reason we dont know. so, USCIS might be processing applications Specified date +2 monts (i.e, applications that are received between Aug and sept 2007) and they are not completely done for those dates. for example, my RD: Aug 08 2007 and they are already approved it. hope, this answer you question.

again, I am not lawyer or legal person. I am just answering out of my observation/experience and my case. good luck with yours and every once.

thanks ram0623.

But I still have the same doubt???

When Shd I call Texas Service center? So that they will not say "Your case is not outside of processing time. hence we cannot do anything"

This time when I call, I want to make sure that they listen to me and open a service request.

Also I am planning to contact ombudsman once I understand the context of processing times correctly.

gcfinder,

The processing times are based on actual receipt of the application which is the Receipt Date. You can contact Ombudsman and they will initiate the process with USCIS. I did contact Ombudsman during the last week of May and mine got assigned to an IO only after that.
thanks ram0623.

But I still have the same doubt???

When Shd I call Texas Service center? So that they will not say "Your case is not outside of processing time. hence we cannot do anything"

This time when I call, I want to make sure that they listen to me and open a service request.

Also I am planning to contact ombudsman once I understand the context of processing times correctly.

gcfinder,
according to your RD, you are current with respective to current released processing times.
you should expect yours get approved soon. according to USCIS (If I am not wrong), we can call them, after 30+ days from the date your RD become current.
And I dont what is 'Ombudsman ' is?....anyway, you should be getting your approval soon.

again, I am not lawyer or legal person. I am just answering out of my observation/experience and my case

thanks ram0623.

So basically I have to wait for 30 days from today (as today my RD became current)

I thought that I cannot call them till TSC processing times show July-29-2007 on their website as then it will be 30 days more than my RD which is June-29-2007

Anyways, I am hoping that mine gets approved without all these issues. really getting frustated day by day :(

btw, we can write letter to Ombudsman office and they will help us if we think we are way outside the processing times.

I Just now called TCS using the POJ method and the lady refused to give status updates on the phone.

Damn!!!!