How to ask questions effectively in Infopass

secvet

I am thinking to go to Infopass to check the status of my I-485, which has already passed the TSC process time frame.

I know this might be a stupid question, but I was wondering what did you ask the IO and how did you talk to them to get more useful information?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!!

I just visited an immigration office last Friday by Infopass. These IOs were not patient at all. They didn't want to anwser questions, they were waiting to go home. They get paid by TAX money but try to do as less as possible. Try your luck.

I went to ASC with Infopass. After drived 1h and waited for 30min, IO told me your case was not filed here and nothing I could tell you. Period!

you can ask for

"if the name check,background check/finger print is clear?"

then what kind of status for your case

We started with "Her (my spouse) case is pending for some some months without any update, and we'd like to know where the case currently is in the process/if there's not any issue that has been holding her case" and then tried clarifying their answers to go further. For example, if they said "Your case is under review and preadjudicated" (and that's in fact what they first said as a response in our two infopass appointments) we asked "Does that mean the required security checks, including FBI name check, are all cleared?"

That said, I guess nothing would work if you unfortunately get an a$$hole, and almost everything would work (in that you get what info you need) if your officer is nice.