How to apply for an SSN?

DruZod

Hi. I will be getting my EAD soon and want to have my SSN right after I get it. They say I have to apply for an SSN with my EAD as they do not automatically assign an SSN for me. How can I apply for an SSN?

Thank you @newacct
Now I have two other questions. First is, do I need to type N/A for the items that are not applying to me? For example if I do not have another name used before, should I put N/A on that line?
And second question is, how long does it take them to process my application and assign an SSN for me?

And bonus question: I am a foreign born non-citizen. Do you think my passport and EAD work authorization will be enough documents?

Hey guys,

I got my EAD and also applied for an SSN. I got my EAD on 9/8/15 and the day after went to the nearest SSA office to deliver my application which I filled up online the night before. I waited in line for like 20 mins and when they called me, it took only 5 minutes to start the process. So everything was done on 9/9/15 at around 10 am. Now I am waiting for my SSN card which they say would be delivered in 2 weeks after the application.