How soon can we apply for EAD AP renewals.

Sri_know

Registered Users (C)
hello All,
Can any one tell me how soon we can apply for EAD and AP renewals...My EAD and AP will expire in Feb 1st week and I have doubts of getting my long GC by then..
thanks a lot in advance.,
Sri

I think it's 6 months. Mine has been pending for 70 days now. So, the sooner the better.

You can apply before 6 months it expires, but if they approve in 2 months you will lose 4 month on old EAD so strictly you will pay fee for every 8months. Ideal time to apply is 4 months before Expiry. If you do not receive in 90 days, 91st day you can take infopass to request Interim EAD. That will take around 2 weeks.

Sincere advice after not being approved even after 95 days is don't wait and apply bewteen 100 and 90 days. Apply around 120 days before.

You can apply before 6 months it expires, but if they approve in 2 months you will lose 4 month on old EAD so strictly you will pay fee for every 8months. Ideal time to apply is 4 months before Expiry. If you do not receive in 90 days, 91st day you can take infopass to request Interim EAD. That will take around 2 weeks.

Sincere advice after not being approved even after 95 days is don't wait and apply bewteen 100 and 90 days. Apply around 120 days before.

That is great to know.

By the way, how much is the fee for AP & EAD renewal? Do you ask an attorney for the renewal, or can you do the renewal by yourself? I heard something like online renewal service for AP & EAD....... thx much

Last edited by a moderator:

No, this seems to have changed. Now TSC issues EAD and AP with the validity date starting at the expiration date of your previous EAD / AP regardless on when they were apporved (at least in my case back in 05/2007, others have reported the same), so there is no negative impact on applying earlier. However, they will return your application if filed before 6 months.

I wouldn't use attorny unless my company is paying for my EAD and AP. It is simple. Fee and instructions are listed in the form I-765 on uscis.gov website. I just read in another thread about paper filing as the fastest way to get approval. We used e-file and still waiting after 95 days. So....
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=267289.
I think you should follow seniors who have renewed five times or more than try urself like the way we did.

That is great to know.

By the way, how much is the fee for AP & EAD renewal? Do you ask an attorney for the renewal, or can you do the renewal by yourself? I heard something like online renewal service for AP & EAD....... thx much

Last edited by a moderator: