how soon can i file labor application after new paper adv

josamdee

Registered Users (C)
When is the earliest I can file PERM & where do i have to file it (chicago or Atlanta)?

I am filing the labor from California.
the 2nd news paper adv in major news paper will be released on 11/05 and
Local news paper on 11/08
and CALJOBS advs were release on 10/16 & 11/17.

Compatability

Hi
My labour was filed in 14th jan 2003 , and i got my I140 cleared in may 2005. I am waiting for I485 dates since then.
I heared that if i quit this job and take an another job and get I140 approved from the new company can i still be able to use my previous priority date to file I485.

Please some one got any such kind of situation please suggest my, i am so frustated as i am already on 7th yr extension.

Understandably frustrated! I think everyone is frustrated with how terribly SLOW the numbers are moving forward at present.... is it just me, or do you think too that by retrogressing the visa numbers, that it is a form of discrimination? Grrr....
If you get your I-140 approved, and you obtain a copy of that I-140 approval notice, when you file a new I-140 with your NEW company, ask your attorney to file a re-capture. Also-- you can't just go to the I-140 process. You'll need to go through the PERM process with the new company you choose to join and then file an I-140 based on that w/the recapture... OR, if the company you're joining has approved labors already that they are willing to use as a substitution, you can bypass the PERM process and go right to an I-140 substitution & recapture. It sound complicated, but we had a great success recently filing a substitution/recapture for a person who had a 2001 priority date! Wow!

Good luck ! -- BB, Immigration Paralegal

sumu said:
Hi
My labour was filed in 14th jan 2003 , and i got my I140 cleared in may 2005. I am waiting for I485 dates since then.
I heared that if i quit this job and take an another job and get I140 approved from the new company can i still be able to use my previous priority date to file I485.

Please some one got any such kind of situation please suggest my, i am so frustated as i am already on 7th yr extension.

Hi Josam,
If your company headquarters is located in California, your application will be filed with the Chicago Service Center (In many people's opinions, the BETTER of the two, so congrats!). If you have further questions about this/contact info etc., the link is here: http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/contacts.cfm

As for the recruitment information, I'm not sure what you mean by the 'caljobs' adv.? I'm assuming you mean a sort of careerbuilder type of site and that you are indicating it ran FROM 10/16 to 11/17. For PERM, you must file 30 days after the last recruitment portion was done. So, if the last recruitment portion was completed on 11/17, you can file 30 days from that, which would be 12/17. The regulations DO admit that ONE recruitment can be within the 30 days.... but it's a touchy one. I'd recommend waiting until 12/17.

Good luck!
--BB, Immigration Paralegal

josamdee said:
When is the earliest I can file PERM & where do i have to file it (chicago or Atlanta)?

I am filing the labor from California.
the 2nd news paper adv in major news paper will be released on 11/05 and
Local news paper on 11/08
and CALJOBS advs were release on 10/16 & 11/17.

st4rguitar said:
Hi Josam,
If your company headquarters is located in California, your application will be filed with the Chicago Service Center (In many people's opinions, the BETTER of the two, so congrats!). If you have further questions about this/contact info etc., the link is here: http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/contacts.cfm
--BB, Immigration Paralegal

thanks st4rguitar

I thought the LAbor could be filed 30 days after the last major newspaper adv. i.e. after 12/05.