How soon can I bring my fiancee here?

doof

Registered Users (C)
I got my GC on 1/28/2009 through employment.
Earliest I can applied for naturalization is 90 days before 1/28/2014.

When is the earliest that I can file a I-129 for my fiancee? When I've taken the Oath?

How much longer will I be able to bring her here? Am I correct here :
[ 3.5 years from filing for naturalization ] + [ ~ 6 months time to become a USC ] + [ ~6-12 months K1 approval time ]

3.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 = i can't come here until Dec 2014???????????

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my GC on 1/28/2009 through employment.
Earliest I can applied for naturalization is 90 days before 1/28/2014.

When is the earliest that I can file a I-129 for my fiancee? When I've taken the Oath?
Yes, you have to first become a US citizen to file for I-129 (fiancee visa), and you'll become a citizen once you'll take your oath. Assuming the processing times stay the same by ~2014, you'll have a chance to become a USC by your 5 years GC anniversary (many DOs have now processing times until oath in the range of 3-6 months). This is also assuming you do not have prolonged stays outside of the US that would break your continuous residency here.
Your other option is for your fiancee to achieve her own visa status, e.g. though employment (H1B). If you'd marry, you can apply as an LPR for a visa for your spouse, but that is a very long process (years!).
Look in http://forums.immigration.com/forum...ed-Green-Cards-Through-Marriage-or-a-Relative for more info
How much longer will I be able to bring her here? Am I correct here :
[ 3.5 years from filing for naturalization ] + [ ~ 6 months time to become a USC ] + [ ~6-12 months K1 approval time ]

3.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 = i can't come here until Dec 2014???????????

Unfortunately for you, that sounds correct, but it's difficult to speculate what the processing timelines look like in ~4 years. It could also get worse again.