How safe to use EAD and AP before I140 approval

2004immi

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friend,
Please help if you have experience ...

I got my AP and EAD approved yesterday , the following are the details.

I140/ I 485/ AP/ EAD -- RD 23 AUG '04
ND 26 AUG'04
FP 17th SEP
FP appt date 30 SEP. Result submitted 05 OCT. EAD and AP approved 06 OCT.

I have a plan to visit India in near future. Can you please tell me how safe it is to use AP , although I140 is pending. Is there any link betwwen I140 and AP, EAD ?

Please post your replies.

2004immi.

Yes, there is a link betweem EAD and AP. Because these are dependent on your I-485 which in turn depends on the I-140. In other words if I-140 gets denied, I-485 will also get denied and EAd and AP will become invalid. So in this case it is very risky to use EAD and AP without an approved I-140.

If you use AP without approved I-140, the risk is when you leave your -140 may get rejected and AP will become invalid. In thiis case you will not be able to reenter US, by using that AP. You should always use your non-immigration visa before I-140 is approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
On line status updated, but no notice received yet

Thanks for the replies ...

I applied in CSC.

sertra2002 said:
Yes, there is a link betweem EAD and AP. Because these are dependent on your I-485 which in turn depends on the I-140. In other words if I-140 gets denied, I-485 will also get denied and EAd and AP will become invalid. So in this case it is very risky to use EAD and AP without an approved I-140.

If you use AP without approved I-140, the risk is when you leave your -140 may get rejected and AP will become invalid. In thiis case you will not be able to reenter US, by using that AP. You should always use your non-immigration visa before I-140 is approved.

Using EAD invalidates ur H visa status. So its risky to use EAD before
140 approval.

using AP dosent invalidate visa status. one can definately use AP as its nothing to do with 140. its simply a travel document and its purpose is to allow permission into the country when AOS is being processed.