How priority date is determined

mkonica

Hi to all,

I have my mother and my brother US citizen.

One of them can file I-130 form for me for the green card.

I am not sure which is better to apply, my mother or my brother.

How the priority date is determined?

If one of them apply next month for me which can be priority date?

Does exist a priority date calculator?

Thank a lot in advance.

Mimo

It will be much faster to have your mother apply but how long it will take depends on your age and marital status.
If you are single and under 21 - visa number immediately available, it will just be processing time (approx a year after filing)
If you are single over 21 - you will be category F1, approx 7 years
If you are married - category F3, approx 13 years
If your brother files - category F4, approx 14 years

See first table in the visa bulletin for current priority dates for the above categories https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...lletin/2019/visa-bulletin-for-april-2019.html

It also depends on your country of birth. There is a longer wait in some categories for people born in some countries.

The priority date is the date the I-130 is filed. You can only immigrate when the date in the visa bulletin for your category and country of birth is after your priority date.

My family is consist of 4 members. My brother in Law applied for immigrant visa for USA in July 2007, Hopefully we will get the response this year. My question my elder daughter is already 20 years 8 months. My younger one is 15+ what about my elder daughter immigration. My elder daughter is a University Student and unmarried. We have no other stake holder in Bangladesh to stay here for her. So far I know when the accompany dependent's age is 21, can I apply for my elder daughter for immigrant visa?. None can accompany with the main applicant . In this situation what I have to do please advise someone who can

Thank you all for you response. My mother is US citizen and lives in Washington, DC.
I saw that some USCIS Service Center have processing time fast then others for example Nebraska Service Center.
How do I know which USCIS service center will process my USCIS application/petition?

The processing time is not going to be the issue for you, unless you are under 21. The priority date is what will matter.

Thank you all for you response. My mother is US citizen and lives in Washington, DC.
I saw that some USCIS Service Center have processing time fast then others for example Nebraska Service Center.
How do I know which USCIS service center will process my USCIS application/petition?

What is your country of chargeability? Country matters for certain visa type priority dates; some have longer waiting periods than others. The first 3 letters assigned to a case number indicates the Service Center that will process a petition.