How much time does it take for the certification paperwork to arrive?

still waiting

I sent the fax to PBEC myself since my attorney doesnt care to believe the fax to PBEC will work to get the approval letter and my company HR person is on vacation. So, i sent the fax and i am crossing my fingers :(

Still waiting

ONce month after the approval, my lawyer still hasn't received the original 750 form ....

Seeing the approval online is not necessary the end of it :(

MDwatch

Ask your employer fax letter and stating you have not received LC with copy of approval from website.

It works for me.I got my LC in two weeks time after my employer faxed to 1-484-270-1600

Good Luck

Anand_Oct2002 said:
MDwatch

Ask your employer fax letter and stating you have not received LC with copy of approval from website.

It works for me.I got my LC in two weeks time after my employer faxed to 1-484-270-1600

Good Luck

Anand can you post a template for your fax ? My HR agreed to send it.

Thanks
MDW

Goodluck MDwatch

MDwatch said:
Anand can you post a template for your fax ? My HR agreed to send it.

Thanks
MDW

That is an awful long time dude....I hope you get your paperwork soon. I am hoping the same. Goodluck to both of us!!

still waiting

I am planning to apply for I-140 regular processing with the request for duplicate copy of LC in January. Its been more than 3 months since the labor is certified and I did send fax to PBEC 2 weeks back but still not recieved the approval letter. Anyone has any idea how long does it is taking to process the I-140 under regular processing in NSC?Can I upgrade to premium processing from regular if i receive the approval letter? Thanks

Did anyone receive the approval letter recently after sending the fax to PBEC? STILL HOPING :p

Last edited by a moderator:
LC approval notice

Hi,
I checked my Labor petition and it says its certified on the PBEC around october end , but still I have not (12/20) recieved any mail from my company (CTS). Is there a way to follow up and see if they have posted the approval notice. any help will be welcome. Its almost close to 2 months since I checked, it might have been certified earlier also.

Thanks,

ssp123 said:
I am planning to apply for I-140 regular processing with the request for duplicate copy of LC in January. Its been more than 3 months since the labor is certified and I did send fax to PBEC 2 weeks back but still not recieved the approval letter. Anyone has any idea how long does it is taking to process the I-140 under regular processing in NSC?Can I upgrade to premium processing from regular if i receive the approval letter? Thanks

Did anyone receive the approval letter recently after sending the fax to PBEC? STILL HOPING :p

Mine was certified in Mid Sep and did everything suggested on this board. I haven't received anything yet. I filed the 140 with duplicate LC request. My attorney told me if i receive originals, i can still use premium processing.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Good news

My labor was certified on Sept 11 2006 as per the online system. We never received the letter. This Monday, my company as well as the Attorney received the letters. We did send a letter to the PBEC in November, but no faxes.It was so tense all these days. The letter which we received shows that the labor was certified on April 5th 2006. Can you all beleive this?
Good luck to all those who haven't received the papers.

my case approved 10/16/2006 online check, haven't receive the approval letter yet. lawyer said they backlogged 2 months for the letter. what a mess!

Hi, I got a question. Hope you can help. My LC was approved in November 2006, after 4 years, 11 months, but I still haven't received the ETA 750. My lawyer and I figure it might be lost so we file I-140 with a request for duplicate ETA 750.

Under this situation, my lawyer insist that I can't file I-485 until the I-140 is approved. But I thought that I can file I-485 with the I-140 receipt under concurrent filing rule. Please let me know if I am correct. Thanks and have a Happy Holidays.

Re: Labor

Can you file I140 without the original Labor approval letter. If so what do you need to prove that your Labor was aproved.

You can file I-140 with a request for duplicate LC to ask USCIS to contact the DOL/PBEC for a copy of LC since the original was lost or never received.

I just had a lengthy talk with my lawyer and he confirms that I can file I-140 without LC but I can't file I-485 without I-140 approval because of the lost LC. The god damn PBEC sure is creating lots of problem to poeple. My priority date is current and I was suppose to be able to file concurrently but now I can't thanks to them. Why in god's name we have to suffer this much because of their mistakes?

ftsoh said:
Hi, I got a question. Hope you can help. My LC was approved in November 2006, after 4 years, 11 months, but I still haven't received the ETA 750. My lawyer and I figure it might be lost so we file I-140 with a request for duplicate ETA 750.

Under this situation, my lawyer insist that I can't file I-485 until the I-140 is approved. But I thought that I can file I-485 with the I-140 receipt under concurrent filing rule. Please let me know if I am correct. Thanks and have a Happy Holidays.

Your lawyer is correct. I am too in the same situation. You can find more information from this link:
http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/pdf/perm_faqs_3-20-06.pdf

" Petitioners are reminded not to submit concurrent I-140 and I-485, Application for Permanent Residence, when submitting petitions without the labor certificate, and with a request that USCIS secures a duplicate ETA-750 from DOL."

Hope this helps.

Received approval after more than 3 months

My labor was approved on sept 19 as per online status , only today i got the email from attorney office that they received the approval. Took more than 3 months.. we (attorney or Employer) did not send any letter/fax . now planning to apply 140 in premium.

I just filed both I-140 and I-485 together without the original LC. The LC was certified on Oct. 24. Both my employer and myself sent fax to PBEC with no luck. Finanlly my attorney decided to go ahead to file the application. When I asked if I can file concurrently, she said yes. She said the guideline was from DOL, not USCIS. So she was very confident it wouldn't be an issue. Yesterday I found out that checks have been cashed. Good sign for me. At least they accepted both applications.

wlj_wzz said:
I just filed both I-140 and I-485 together without the original LC. The LC was certified on Oct. 24. Both my employer and myself sent fax to PBEC with no luck. Finanlly my attorney decided to go ahead to file the application. When I asked if I can file concurrently, she said yes. She said the guideline was from DOL, not USCIS. So she was very confident it wouldn't be an issue. Yesterday I found out that checks have been cashed. Good sign for me. At least they accepted both applications.

That's interesting since my lawyer insisted that we cannot file for I-140 & I-485 concurrently without the ORIGINAL certified labor copy. Anyone else in the similar situation?

ssp123 said:
That's interesting since my lawyer insisted that we cannot file for I-140 & I-485 concurrently without the ORIGINAL certified labor copy. Anyone else in the similar situation?

Mine is saying the same ... you know you can't trust lawyers ;) I have read more than once that it is a toss up. Some might get accepted and some might get rejected. I am waiting another couple weeks for the original labor. If I still haven't received it I will file for I-140 and duplicate LC.