How much time does it take for the certification paperwork to arrive?

dhruvgupta

Hi,
The new system tells me that my labor application has been certified. However, the lawyers havent received any formal communication yet. It has been 2 weeks since we first checked the online system.

1. Is there anyway to find out when your application was certified?
2. How long does it normally take to get the official approval?
3. Assuming that the approval notice was misplaced or lost, is there a way to contact the agency to obtain the certified paperwork?

Btw, my case was filed in California.

thanks -

i don't know the how long it takes but my labor was approved on 6-Sept-06 and the lawyer recived the letter on 15-Sept-06. My case was from Fl[non RIR]

Hi,

Not sure when my case was apporved from Philly BPC but when i checked using the new system last week it said my case is certified,. My lawyer haven't received the certificate yet . Any one have any idea how long will it take for the lawyer to get the papers in hand once your labor is certified from BPC .

Same here

Rama0375 said:
Hi,

Not sure when my case was apporved from Philly BPC but when i checked using the new system last week it said my case is certified,. My lawyer haven't received the certificate yet . Any one have any idea how long will it take for the lawyer to get the papers in hand once your labor is certified from BPC .

Same is the case with me. i checked on friday and it showed certified.But my lawyer is yet to get the letter .the only thing we can do is wait for one more week and then press the lawyer to get a duplicate approval letter from BEC.in case the original is lost in mail.

I am in the same boat.
according to the limited knowledge from reading posts, some people got the letter as soon as 3 days later, some one haven't got letters after 1 month. most likely it comes from 1 or 2 weeks. or maybe 3. I have been waiting for more than 3 years, can we wait another 3 weeks? I know I can't but I have to stay positive and just wait.

My lawyer didn't know my case was approved already, I guess she only believes it when the letter comes. so we won't be preparing the I40 filing, which we should.

Hope this help.

My employer recieved the certification "copy"

Some progress. My employer did finally receive the approval notice. However, the lawyers are still waiting on the original approval and the 570 forms. The approval letter is dated Sept. 8th.

Really strange to see a month long delay between an approval and the receipt of approval.

Same here. When I checked my status online on Sept 22nd it said it has been certified, but neither the lawyer or the employer have received anything yet.

I think all of the online approvals should receive the letter in 2-3 weeks. If you don't hear anything further then we should definitely ping your lawyer to contact PBEC.

It is very frustating to keep waiting in some form or another to receive an approval. :mad:

Got the approval

GC_from_NJ said:
I think all of the online approvals should receive the letter in 2-3 weeks. If you don't hear anything further then we should definitely ping your lawyer to contact PBEC.

It is very frustating to keep waiting in some form or another to receive an approval. :mad:

Time to celebrate. The lawyer received my labor approval. I saw it online on Sep 22nd 2006 that the labor is approved.I kept asking my lawyer about the letter and today he got it.The point is we need to keep asking them otherwise it will be in their office for weeks together and then only we will be told.Best of luck to everybody .Yours will be on the way soon.
PD May 2004 RIR
45 day letter Oct 2005
Case no D-05111-xxxxx
Approval Sep 22 2006 :D :)

Got the Approval

Rama0375 said:
Hi,

I saw online on Sep 22nd that my Case was approved and today i got a mail from my lawyer saying that she received my Labor approval paper and asked me to get ready with the list of document to file I-140 . Thank god i was waiting for 3 yrs for this labor approval .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All

My labor was approved on Aug 28th(Source:202 and OnlineStatus).But still we have Not received the approval letter.Please let me know If anything I can do on this.

Thanks

Approval received by the lawyer

Hi,

The lawyers have received the labor certification paperworks a few days back.
The online status showed "certified" on Sep 21.

Thanks for all the help. Good luck to all of you!

PBEC - CA/EB2/RIR
PD - Oct 2003

3 days!!!

My papers arrived in 3 days. On Monday my status turned 'Certified' my lawyer received the documents on Wednesday.

Which mail

Can somebody tell me that hard copy of labor come through 1st class mail or its a normal delivery by USPS
thanks in advance

WhyMe3200 said:
My papers arrived in 3 days. On Monday my status turned 'Certified' my lawyer received the documents on Wednesday.

Received Email from employer confirming receipt of approval notificaiton from DBEC - it took exactly a week from the date of the status update on the DOL website.

How to find out if they have sent approval letter

CA-EB2-Nov 2002 Case
Online Status Check Certified when checked on 09/11
Certfied on 21st August as per 202-xxx number

Letter not yet received by my Attorney as well as my Company. So how to know if they have actually sent the letter or where it is stuck? When we contact PBEC by phone they say they have no way of confirming if the letter has actually been sent out or not.

Is this the situation for all cases or for CA cases only?

I called Philly BEC and talked to a nice lady there and was told if you haven't received the approval letter after a while, you should send them a letter states that your cased has been approved but you haven't received the letter and ask for a copy of the approval. whith the letter you should send them a copy of the website copy of the certification.

the address is

Philadephia Becklog Elimination Center
1 Belmont Ave, Suite 220
Bala Cynwyd
PA 19004

Good luck

I am infirmed by my lawyere that she has already received the letter.

There is no way to get status of Hardcopy of approval

ulta_pulta said:
CA-EB2-Nov 2002 Case
Online Status Check Certified when checked on 09/11
Certfied on 21st August as per 202-xxx number

Letter not yet received by my Attorney as well as my Company. So how to know if they have actually sent the letter or where it is stuck? When we contact PBEC by phone they say they have no way of confirming if the letter has actually been sent out or not.

Is this the situation for all cases or for CA cases only?

My attorney and employer have sent emails requesting for the hardcopies of the approval notice but PBEC replied with a screen shot that we normally get for H1 extension with the "STATUS " field shown as "CERTIFIED".
Can this screen shot be used for applying for I-140 similar to applying for H1 extension?
Persons at phone 484-270-1500: They keep telling that it was approved on Aug 21 and the approval is mailed out. There is no record when it was sent out.

ulta_pulta said:
My attorney and employer have sent emails requesting for the hardcopies of the approval notice but PBEC replied with a screen shot that we normally get for H1 extension with the "STATUS " field shown as "CERTIFIED".
Can this screen shot be used for applying for I-140 similar to applying for H1 extension?
Persons at phone 484-270-1500: They keep telling that it was approved on Aug 21 and the approval is mailed out. There is no record when it was sent out.

I don't think so. I thought in order to get 7th year (or beyond) H1 extension, one needs to either have a labor pending for 365 days or a pending/approved I-140.

So the question is, if I have an approved labor, but I-140 is neither filed or approved, can I still get an H1 extension?

AlienAxis said:
I don't think so. I thought in order to get 7th year (or beyond) H1 extension, one needs to either have a labor pending for 365 days or a pending/approved I-140.

So the question is, if I have an approved labor, but I-140 is neither filed or approved, can I still get an H1 extension?

What I meant is: Can this screen shot be used for applying for I-140 intead of the hardcopy of labor certification letter?