How much is more significant to get visa stamping on your passport?.

immg_detail

Registered Users (C)
Below is a scenario:

During the H1B extension beyond 6 Years and correspoinding stamping has been expired in the passport and Applicant stays in USA,

Question:

Is it more significant to get stamping on Applicant passport within 18 months from the day stamping expired on applicant passport (that means lapse time) regardless of number of H1B extension after 6 years. The applicant stays in USA during expires visa stamping on his passport and consecutive H1B extensions beyond the 6 Years.

Visa stamping is required only to travel in and out of the country. If you are in US and not planning to travel outside you don't need it, as long as you keep H1 extending and get new I-94 with it you are fine to stay in US. Once you go out you do your stamping in whichever country you plan to visit.

I do agree with you. Even I have gone through so many immigration web site to find out about this. None of the immigration site says "we have to get a stamping in our passport within 18 months after expired our stamping in our passport regardless of number of H1B extension"

But, there are some cases were been rejected because of this. One of my known manager is requesting all his team members to get a stamping in their passport within 18 months after expired their last stamping.

I understood that the stamping is only for re-enter into USA. Once you are in USA, You can stay forever till 6 years completes unless you get an extension based on your GC process.

The manager told me that theoretically speaking we have to get stamping within 18 months after expired last stamping in our passport.

I would highly appreciate your valid input on this.

OK, thats news for me. This 18 months thing is new for me and I am pretty sure its not a rule. As long as you are able to prove to VO that your time in US has been in-status with legal paystubs and W2 and other documents, it should not matter how long you been in US. You can go for stamping after 3/4/5 years and it wont matter, just be prepared to prove your valid status and you should be fine.
Now some companies do require that people on H1 should remain stamped so they can ask them to travel anywhere at short notice. This might be your case but there is no rule which says get it stamped within this time frame.