How many of you mailed the N-400 in June/July 2007?

Did you send in a N-400 within June/July 2007

• Total voters

CrossHairs

Registered Users (C)
Seems like a whole flurry of N-400 applications in June/July 2007. Hope this does not slow down the process even further. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

In the meantime, if you did send your application in the last month or so, can you please vote YES, so atleast we'll know how many mailed it in the recent timeframe. (More outta curiosity, than anything else).

Of course! And the N400 is not the only thing that the limited number of employees process on a daily/monthly. My time-line is below along with links to the newly published data for the record number of applications for immigration benefits in general and for the N400 specifically for the months of May and June.

May General Immigration Benefits:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/APPLICATIONS FOR IMMIGRATION BENEFITS_May07.pdf

May N400:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/N-400 NATURALIZATION BENEFITS_May07.pdf

June General Immigration Benefits:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/APPLICATIONS FOR IMMIGRATION BENEFITS_June07.pdf

June N400:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/N-400 NATURALIZATION BENEFITS_June07.pdf

Good luck to all who do this!

even with an influx of applications the Service Centers are holding up. from the timelines i have been seeing, i have only seen a 1 week slide in their initial process receipt/fingerprint.

I guess we will find out once the interviews start flowing in, how long the real delay is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mailed my yesterday. I have been a resident since the 80's but never was in a hurry for citizenship untill they bumped the price up! My parents filed for me over a decade ago but nothing every happened with that. When I renewed my resident card there was no record of the application. Or the $100 fee.

I mailed my yesterday. I have been a resident since the 80's but never was in a hurry for citizenship untill they bumped the price up! My parents filed for me over a decade ago but nothing every happened with that. When I renewed my resident card there was no record of the application. Or the $100 fee.

Is this the FIRST main price bump since 1980's? I think they would have increased the fees every 5-7 years approx? (just a guess)

I saw another person in this forum, who has been a resident for 25 years who filed this week becos of the price increase :)

Is this the FIRST main price bump since 1980's? I think they would have increased the fees every 5-7 years approx? (just a guess)

I saw another person in this forum, who has been a resident for 25 years who filed this week becos of the price increase :)

The $100 was the fee in 1996. Sorry for the confusion.:eek:

It's both a result of the fee increases and the immigration issues. Nobody wants or should be treated like a second class citizen regardless of citizenship. The US is a great country (and I love it) but it still has some social issues that it has not resolved.

It's both a result of the fee increases and the immigration issues. Nobody wants or should be treated like a second class citizen regardless of citizenship. The US is a great country (and I love it) but it still has some social issues that it has not resolved.

Jedi,
Can you help me understand your post? When you say "both becos of fee increase and immigration issues"...are you saying abt immigration issues in the last few months?

The reason I ask is, immigration issues have been around for a while, but the spike in N-400 I thought is mainly becos of fee increase. Would like to understand your point of view on what you mentioned above.

Thanks.

Bump. Old fees is over - New fees kick in from MONDAY July 30th.

Other applicants who filed during June/July, I encourage you to vote in the poll above with a Yes. Thanks.

Sent on July 6th - 2007

I mailed my Application on July 6th 2007. I could have applied in April 2007 itself, but was plain lazy. However because of N-400 fee hike , I hurried up and sent the papers out. I assume there may be many applicants like me who sent N-400 packet in June-July just to beat the deadline.

no receipt yet

I sent my n-400 application based on 3year married to USC eligibility rule

I mailed it July 11, 2007 and based on my tracking it reached St. Albans, Vermont , July 12, 2007, but as of today, my checks have never been encashed and no receipt yet. Any opinions why the delay????

I mailed my Application on July 6th 2007. I could have applied in April 2007 itself, but was plain lazy. However because of N-400 fee hike , I hurried up and sent the papers out. I assume there may be many applicants like me who sent N-400 packet in June-July just to beat the deadline.

Don't worry. Mine took a while too. Must be due to the large jump in people applying trying to beat the clock.

N-400 to VSC

My wife and I both filed N-400 to VSC on June 23 (filed seperately). Both checks were cashed on July 3. My wife immediately received her receipt and is scheduled for fingerprinting in Bronx, NY on Aug 2. I have not received my receipt, although I can make out the receipt number on my cancelled check. When I put that number in the USCIS website, there is no on-line record.

After 5 years, I had forgotten how frustrating and inconsistent things can be there.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I both filed N-400 to VSC on June 23 (filed seperately). Both checks were cashed on July 3. My wife immediately received her receipt and is scheduled for fingerprinting in Bronx, NY on Aug 2. I have not received my receipt, although I can make out the receipt number on my cancelled check. When I put that number in the USCIS website, there is no on-line record.

After 5 years, I had forgotten how frustrating and inconsistent things can be there.

Brian

Brian (or Leroy the Lion)
I concur with the above :rolleyes: 5 years ago it was INS, now USCIS.
Name has changed, but the fear is back for us Deja Vu! Hope things go smoothly for us.