How many letters for AC-21?

DesiG

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

In all this while I have been following the boards, all I have heard about is one AC-21 letter that is sent. However, a recent conversation with my lawyer revealed the following: (this is a direct quote from the lawyer)

actually there are typically three letters - one from you; one from the new employer and one from me transmitting all of the papers

This is my old employer's lawyer, and he is very willing to continue to represent me - but there are ma$$ive hourly fees (its a lawyer with a premier New York City address). My new employer's (from a small mid-west town) lawyer is willing to do it as well for much lower, but he says there is only one letter, and the actual offer letter from the employer.

Hmm... advice? Anyone else who got it done thru a lawyer sent 3 letters? If you paid for it yourself, could you give me an idea of how much you spent?

Thanks a lot!

Hi all,

In all this while I have been following the boards, all I have heard about is one AC-21 letter that is sent. However, a recent conversation with my lawyer revealed the following: (this is a direct quote from the lawyer)

actually there are typically three letters - one from you; one from the new employer and one from me transmitting all of the papers

This is my old employer's lawyer, and he is very willing to continue to represent me - but there are ma$$ive hourly fees (its a lawyer with a premier New York City address). My new employer's (from a small mid-west town) lawyer is willing to do it as well for much lower, but he says there is only one letter, and the actual offer letter from the employer.

Hmm... advice? Anyone else who got it done thru a lawyer sent 3 letters? If you paid for it yourself, could you give me an idea of how much you spent?

Thanks a lot!

Why do you want to spend money on this when you can do on your own? I did for myself. And these are the documents which I sent along with the AC21 letter.

1. Copy of Employment Offer/Support letter from my company
2. Copy of I-140 Approval
3. Copy of I485 Receipt Notice
4. Copy of the Employment Authorization

Why do you want to spend money on this when you can do on your own? I did for myself. And these are the documents which I sent along with the AC21 letter.

1. Copy of Employment Offer/Support letter from my company
2. Copy of I-140 Approval
3. Copy of I485 Receipt Notice
4. Copy of the Employment Authorization

for AC21 new employer letter with job title, joining date, salary and job duties (need to be same/similar) is needed.
Copy of your I-485 filing reciept
Cover letter to invoke AC
**EAD copy or I-140 is not needed

Hi all,

This is my old employer's lawyer, and he is very willing to continue to represent me - but there are ma$$ive hourly fees (its a lawyer with a premier New York City address).
My new employer's (from a small mid-west town) lawyer is willing to do it as well for much lower, but he says there is only one letter, and the actual offer letter from the employer.
--------------- New company lawyer is correct.For Invoking AC21 you only need new employer letter with job title, joining date, salary and job duties (need to be same /similar) and permanent job offer. You can file AC21 directly or trough new company lawyer. Don’t talk to past employer's lawyer and if I-485 was filed by past employer's lawyer then revoke the form G28 filed by him with your I-485. If you don’t revoke the formG28 of old company lawyer then if any RFE it will go to old company lawyer. Your new company lawyer can file AC21 and can also send G28 signed by you so that he can represent you.
If you don’t want to be represented by any lawyer then revoke the G28 of past company lawyer and write to USCIS that lawyer XYZ no more represent you and you request to revoke the form G28 filed by lawyer XYZ and any future communication from USCIS should be sent to you directly on your home address………

Thanks a lot!

---------------------

Dont you need to send any documentation for your dependent 485's ???
I definitely can think of their I485 copies for sure.... anything else ?

oh by the way I am also in split mind with a lawyer consultation. they are seeking $2K for primary and 500 for each dependent. This is just to support pending I485 process now through approval including ac21. Any RFE will incur additional $$$ in future.

Dont you need to send any documentation for your dependent 485's ???
-----------------No as no LC or I-1240 was filed for dependent, AC21 is for primary applicant.I definitely can think of their I485 copies for sure.... anything else ?
---- copy of Primary I-485 filing reciept is needed for AC21
----------------

oh by the way I am also in split mind with a lawyer consultation.
they are seeking $2K for primary and 500 for each dependent.
-------------------why 500 for dependent?? dont pay 2K for just invoking AC21. You CAN file directly no need to pay the lawyer.
This is just to support pending I485 process now through approval including ac21. Any RFE will incur additional $$$ in future.

File AC21 directly. get the employer job offer letter. then post what help you need. for Sample AC21 letter you can search the threds as it has been posted many times.

Thanks a lot for your help. I guess I will send in the AC-21 letter myself without lawyer, unless the company agrees to pay lawyer fees.

From what I understand, there are no time limits to when you send in the AC21 letter right? It does not have to be within 3 months or anything?

Thanks again for all your help.

DG

---------------------

Hi Ginnu,
In refernce to revoke G28 form I have one question --

Suppose I haven't change my company, and don't want to for now, can I revoke G28 to remove my company lawyer to represent me, and if I can ( I guess I can),
then what is/are the pros and cons ....?

Thanks in advance....

seeklabor.

Hi Ginnu,
In refernce to revoke G28 form I have one question --

Suppose I haven't change my company, and don't want to for now, can I revoke G28 to remove my company lawyer to represent me, and if I can ( I guess I can),
------------------------You can revoke the G28 filed by any lawyer any time. You can request the USCIS that XYZ lawyer no more represent you and revoke the G28 sent by lawyer XYZ with yourI-485 and any future communication should be sent to you directly on your address. On request letter write your name, DOB,A# and I-485 filing receipt number and attach the copy of I-485 filing receipt with request letter. Sign the letter with address and date, send the letter to USCIS where I-485 is pending and out side the envelope write in big bold letters: Request to revoke the form G28 sent with I-485 form. Keep the copy of each document that you send to USCIS.
then what is/are the pros and cons ....?
----------------if dont revoke the G28 then RFE goes to Lawyer. if revoke G28 all the papers will come to your address that you provide.
Thanks in advance....

seeklabor.

-------------------------