How many days it is taking to get the card physically mailed, after approval message.

FOREVERGCWAIT

Registered Users (C)
Can somebody tell me, how many days it is taking to get the card physically mailed, after the first approval welcome message. I am planning to go to India, next week, my approval was on July 22.

I think you will get the card physically in 1 week or so..

--pdd123

PD 12/2001
EB3/India self labor CSC
Labor certified : 04/2004
I140/485 concurrent filing (CSC):08/2004
I-140 approved : 03/2005
I-485 stuck in namecheck
I-485 CSC->NSC xfer : 02/2007
2nd FP : 04/2007
I-485 : delayed for ever ??

It does not matter until you get card mailed notification..

Here is my info..
Approved on June 18th ( both me and my wife )
Card ordered e-mail on June 19th ( both me and my wife )
Card mailed e-mail on June 21 ( only for my wife)
Card recieved in mail on June 23 ( only for my wife )

And I am still waiting for my physical green card..

No, i haven't received card mailed email. I have received welcome new resident email and card production ordered email on Jun 22.

card received

I believe there is no particular sequence of emails that they are sending. We only received two emails: 6/19/07 welcoming notice and 6/22/07 approval notice
and today 6/25 we received cards. After long time our lud changed on 6/19, 6/22, and on 6/25(!). Our cards are valid till 6/19/17 and card was produced on 6/4/07(!).

I also got approval email today. I spoke with attorney today, he explained that since my Fingerprints are about to expire I might have to go for biometriks again. My finger prints will be expiring on July10th.
Usually how long does it takes to get physical card from first 485 approval email? Did anyone go for finger prints again after 485 approval email?

Thanks,

On June 23, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on
the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60
days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing
referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later.

pndng_lng is absolutely right

I believe there is no particular sequence of emails that they are sending. We only received two emails: 6/19/07 welcoming notice and 6/22/07 approval notice
and today 6/25 we received cards. After long time our lud changed on 6/19, 6/22, and on 6/25(!). Our cards are valid till 6/19/17 and card was produced on 6/4/07(!).

In my case:
1. Card Ordered 06/18/2007
2. Approval 06/21/2007
3. Cards Received: 06/25/2007

Our cards are valid till 6/18/17 and card was produced on 6/4/07.:eek:

Regards

sanvibha

Same here ....

Saw online approval on 6/19
Card Ordered email: 6/19

Cards reached my home today (6/25) - less than a week since the first "approval" email - impressed :D

Received CARD

:D Received Card for me & my wife :D

Earlier, got 3 emails from CRIS:
1. Welcome new resident
2. Approval Notice Sent
3. Card production ordered

Did not get "Card Sent" email but received card today, 6/25.

Received Welcome notice only for me and not for my wife even though I got 2 email saying "Welcome notice sent" for both of us.

Guys you are scaring me. I only got one email notification which is the card ordered notification. Is there something wrong with my case?

Guys you are scaring me. I only got one email notification which is the card ordered notification. Is there something wrong with my case?

Dont give too much importance to that automated email thing.

I did not get any email past 4 years on my I-485 even though there were multiple LUD, message change, FPs etc. First LUD is for "Welcome the new permanent resident".

Dont Worry.

Okay. Thanks.

Do you know if the physical card itself will be considered proof for your permanent residency or you need both the Approval Notice and the card?

We received our cards today.

Card ordered email: 6/19/07
Card received in hand: 6/25/07
Resident since: 6/4/07

Okay. Thanks.

Do you know if the physical card itself will be considered proof for your permanent residency or you need both the Approval Notice and the card?

Physical card should be enough.

Eventhough I got CRIS email that they sent approval notice, I still did not get one for me or my wife. But I even got the plastic card.

I got my 5th ead recently for which I did not get receipt notice till now. As per various immigration resources, lately USCIS has been very slow or sometimes miss sending receipt notices.

We received our cards today.

Card ordered email: 6/19/07
Card received in hand: 6/25/07
Resident since: 6/4/07

Congrats VA_IL.

It seems USCIS approved most of the cases on 6/4 (per plastic card) but sends-email/updates their system that these cases were approved on someother future dates. Its really confusing.

I will any way talk to my lawyer tomorrow and update you guys.

Physical card should be enough.

Eventhough I got CRIS email that they sent approval notice, I still did not get one for me or my wife. But I even got the plastic card.

I got my 5th ead recently for which I did not get receipt notice till now. As per various immigration resources, lately USCIS has been very slow or sometimes miss sending receipt notices.

I just got my Welcome Notice / Approval Notice that says welcome to the United States etc. No card yet. Mine was approved on 6/20 so maybe in two days, I hope.