How long will it take to get the actual green card after approval

aroncane

Hi All,
I just had my I-751 (Removal of conditions) interview yesterday and it was approved. The officer took my index finger prints and signature for the green card and she gave me a one year I-551 (Temporary proof of permanent residency) stamp on my passport and told me that I'll get the card in the mail.
Now, my question is that how long will it take for them to mail out the actual green card? Do they perform the name check before they schedule the interview or after they have done the interview?
Any information you guys could provide will be great.

:D :) :)
Hi All,
I just had my I-751 (Removal of conditions) interview yesterday and it was approved. The officer took my index finger prints and signature for the green card and she gave me a one year I-551 (Temporary proof of permanent residency) stamp on my passport and told me that I'll get the card in the mail.
Now, my question is that how long will it take for them to mail out the actual green card? Do they perform the name check before they schedule the interview or after they have done the interview?
Any information you guys could provide will be great.

Aroncane,

Not very long... within 60 days. However, in most cases it can take 14 days to receive the GC if the officer ordered immediately after you left interview. You can travel with the stamp and even go to Cuba...:D

i got the welcome letter email, then the card production email on the 14 of sep
the card was in my mail box on the 21 of sep
GOOD LUCK