How long to stay with Sponsoring company after GC?

postme

Registered Users (C)
I know this ? has been asked several times by different users. Please guide me to the thread or answer here.

How long one should stay with Sponsoring company after GC? And if the case is substitute labor is it at higher risk to change the company? I mean what action sponsoring company can take?

Thanks

Here is the link to that discussion :

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=127931

If it is substitute labor case, then not working for the sponsoring employer after getting the GC could lead to problems. I suggest that substitute labor candidates should work for atleast 6 months with the sponsoring employer after getting the GC. For those who have already worked with the sponsor for some years, my personal suggestion is to work for atleast 2 to 3 months after the GC.

postme said:
I know this ? has been asked several times by different users. Please guide me to the thread or answer here.

How long one should stay with Sponsoring company after GC? And if the case is substitute labor is it at higher risk to change the company? I mean what action sponsoring company can take?

Thanks

No offense meant but if the very first thought you have after getting GC is when to leave the employer, then you did not choose a good employer in the first place. If it's very hard for you to continue employment with the sponsoring company(not getting paid on time, measly rate, no benefits,etc) then changing the employer makes sense.
If not, erring on the side of caution by staying on for a few months more might be better. Based on your situation and risk tolerance you can take the decision that's best for you. Good luck!

Thanks Parameshwara

Just to let you know that I do not have any problem with my current employer, the only thing is my client company is huge corporation and offering me the permanent position with all benefits which is not the case with current employer I work on hourly basis with no vacation or any benefits. I just do not want to miss an opportunity.