how long it takes from I-485 reopen to approval

john_h

Hi,
I am a new member here, i don't know if there is someone has similar experience like me so we could share some info. Here is my case detail

WAC02-26x-xxxxx
ND: Aug 19, 2002

I used AC21 to switch to a similar job after my I-485 has been pending for one and half year, my new lawyer send INS document about my new job, then my original employer who sponsored my I-140 revoked my I-140 even though it has been approved for almost two years. INS denied my I-485 even without asking for RFE or sending notice of intension to denial saying there is no valid I-140 anymore. My new lawyer filed a motion to reopen the case, it is reopened right away on 8/25/04 (takes about three weeks), but heard nothing from INS since then, I already did my second FP.

Does the case get reset which means my case goes to the end of the I-485 queue after the reopen? Is it a still 2002 case or a 2004 case?

Thanks a lot in advance

JOhn

Hi,

This forum is vast and so you'll get people with all sorts of experience. I am one with similar to your experience

My 485 was denied in Sept. 2002. I filed a motion to reopen right away and the motion was accepted a year later in Sept. 2003. I am still waiting for the approval.

My original app date is Oct 2001.

Sorry but I do not have good news for you. I hope that your case progresses differently than how my did.

Hi sfbay_area_guy,

Thanks for your response, what's the reason that your I-485 gets denied, is it similar with me that I-140 gets revoked, my lawyer told me once they reopened the case, they will process it right away, seems it is not the case. I am prepareing to wait for another year.

So there are people filed on 2001 still waiting for approvals. Good luck to you!

John

john_h said:
Hi sfbay_area_guy,

Thanks for your response, what's the reason that your I-485 gets denied, is it similar with me that I-140 gets revoked, my lawyer told me once they reopened the case, they will process it right away, seems it is not the case. I am prepareing to wait for another year.

So there are people filed on 2001 still waiting for approvals. Good luck to you!

John

Your case will be taken-up soon. I was in a similar situation and got approved just recently. I guess you should contact your local congressman to ask them to help you follow-up. I did on mine and it helped me alot in terms of immediately taking action on my case. I would be happy to give you insights on the details on what happened to my case if you need to.

acc918 said:
Your case will be taken-up soon. I was in a similar situation and got approved just recently. I guess you should contact your local congressman to ask them to help you follow-up. I did on mine and it helped me alot in terms of immediately taking action on my case. I would be happy to give you insights on the details on what happened to my case if you need to.

Congratuation to you first! The insights from you will be very helpful since our cases are pretty similar, where can I find the local congressman's contact and what's the procedures to ask help from them. Was your case transferred to Newark Ca or NJ, seems the interview with a local INS office will be inevitable.

wac-02-260-xxxxx
2FP done 7/9/04
denied 7/12/04 due to I-140 revoke
MOTIC filed on 7/30/04
reopenned 8/25/04
LUD 10/29/04
approve date ???? :mad: