How long it takes for name check results to reach USCIS from FBI ?

July 28 tape!!

July 28 tape screwed up several people.. Only 10 working days left!! FBI said they sent it but USCIS said Never received.. Senator said will get back to me after 6 weeks... Congressman is silent on this.... This situation is more dangerous than 'stuck in name check’. I ran out of all ideas.. Does anyone suggest our next modus operandi in this case? By the way I asked my lawyer to look into this and she raised one more inquiry with USCIS..

lingeron said:
July 28 tape screwed up several people.. Only 10 working days left!! FBI said they sent it but USCIS said Never received.. Senator said will get back to me after 6 weeks... Congressman is silent on this.... This situation is more dangerous than 'stuck in name check’. I ran out of all ideas.. Does anyone suggest our next modus operandi in this case? By the way I asked my lawyer to look into this and she raised one more inquiry with USCIS..

You thinking about writ of mandamus ?

yet another Jul 28th mishap !

Hi Guys, I'm in the same boat....my name-check was also completed on Jul 27th and "supposed" to have been forwarded week of Aug 1st...

I'm stumped :( Don't know what to do. CSC12 says not received...contacted senator's office to follow-up..don't know what will come out of that...wondering what recourse i should take...

i wish all weekends are week-days now, so that USCIS works round the clock...

i only pray that the tape was not in error....

Service centre email

Gc_man and anyone else who can shed some light,

Guys, how and where did you get the CSC division (XII for 485) and email address information. I have been trying to look up same info for NSC but couldn't find anything.

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks

How do you know if your case was referred to name check? And how do you know where in the process is it in?

No Luck Yet!!

Senator responded promptly saying “Background Check awaited” and Company Lawyer responded on the same day with “Name check awaited”. Two different responses from USCIS on same case on the same day!!
Does any one have USCIS Washington DC contact number or email address?

Hi gc_man, kandadude, xljjlx and other July 28 sufferer,
We have to get this done straight soon. This will hurt even after retrogression, when the PD becomes current. Please keep posted your development. This exercise may help others because this may not be a bizarre incidence in USCIS.

Response from CSC on my second followup...

I sent a followup mail again in response to CSC's first response, and here is what I received:

"30 days till 3 years. I heard one person is in his fourth year waiting on
the FBI to clear"

Interesting thing is that it doesn't answer my real question, which was:
"Typically in how many days do the results from FBI get to updated in
USCIS."

I think its a gone case, I am only waiting to hear back from Senator's office who are doing an inquiry parallely on my case. If nothing happens, I think its not worth waiting for GC, life is much better and greener otherwise, its such a silly stupid thing to wait for a piece of paper.... :)

Karma principle..

Someone told me that one of his friend got laid off on Sept 9, 2001. That guy couldn’t sleep for 2 days and was avoiding to face his entire friend circle. Two days later he realized that lay off was the best thing happened in his whole life because he used to work on early morning shift at 98th floor of WTC.

So no one really knows what is good for you, getting or no getting that piece of plastic. I personally know people are making more money or become more successful after going back to their native countries. So it is not worth raising your Blood pressure on this but there is no harm putting your efforts to achieve this one out of hundreds of your personal goal. Karma theory in Bhagwat Gita is the best principle in this situation. Apology if it looks that I am preaching …

By the way some update today....
1. I could talk to lawyer and she told me the below statement on the issue of loss of information because of some rouge tape...
“CIS has informed us that it performs database "sweeps" on pending name check cases to ensure that results are not lost in transmission from the various agencies that are involved with conducting the name checks.”

2. I could talk to one of Senator’s secretary this morning and she assure me that she will be talking to her contacts in FBI California and keep informing me the updates. I doubt that this will be done in next 9 days but at least let this ball be rolling. She added one more thing that she is getting tons of mail every day about retrogression and senator is studying the situation.

I 100% agree

lingeron said:
Someone told me that one of his friend got laid off on Sept 9, 2001. That guy couldn’t sleep for 2 days and was avoiding to face his entire friend circle. Two days later he realized that lay off was the best thing happened in his whole life because he used to work on early morning shift at 98th floor of WTC.

So no one really knows what is good for you, getting or no getting that piece of plastic. I personally know people are making more money or become more successful after going back to their native countries. So it is not worth raising your Blood pressure on this but there is no harm putting your efforts to achieve this one out of hundreds of your personal goal. Karma theory in Bhagwat Gita is the best principle in this situation. Apology if it looks that I am preaching …

By the way some update today....
1. I could talk to lawyer and she told me the below statement on the issue of loss of information because of some rouge tape...
“CIS has informed us that it performs database "sweeps" on pending name check cases to ensure that results are not lost in transmission from the various agencies that are involved with conducting the name checks.”

2. I could talk to one of Senator’s secretary this morning and she assure me that she will be talking to her contacts in FBI California and keep informing me the updates. I doubt that this will be done in next 9 days but at least let this ball be rolling. She added one more thing that she is getting tons of mail every day about retrogression and senator is studying the situation.

Tell you what...it IS their loss...WE have the education and experience now to go back and build our countries. Thanks

Any news from anybody

Anybody impacted by July 28th mystery tape, any news on your cases yet....??

We sent email to CSC-II on September 20. The officer told us that the name check is still pending! They have no records on the name check result from FBI mentioned by our congressman. And the officer let us donot bug them again in 120 days.

Guys don't loose hope. Keep trying.. Miracle do happen.. One more week to go before retrogression.. You need this even your PD become current after retrogression.
Just writing another one today to Congressman to help us locating that July 28 tape..

Hi Guys,

Could you pl. tell me how did you contact your congressman? Did you call his office or sent him an email.

Would you appreciate if you could send the mail format as well..

Thanks

Update on my case

OK I got a FP notice after more than 17 months of the previous one. I am sure its not related to the Senator activity but independent of that. IT says that I have to go for Code 3 Biometrics appointment. What does this constitute, FP or something else too?
Questions to the forum experts:
1. Can I go before the scheduled date, just to get it done before the black period starts on October 1st.
2. Any positives or negatives of doing that?
3. Mine is a CSC case and the notice tells me to go the San jose office, but on the top of th letter the Service Center says "WSC", what the heck is "WSC"?
4. Does San jose accept early biometrics, anybody experienced in that?
5. Since my scheduled appointment is october 12th, I am assuming its already ruled out that any magic is going to happen between now and September 30th, before the black period starts..

Thanks

Hi gc_man,
Do you think that this means your FBI Name check result got updated into USCIS database? I suggest try to go before Oct 1 to get it done. Miracle happens every day. Good luck.. You have been waiting since Dec 2003.

Hi psangam70,
Locate your Senator: http://www.senate.gov/ or Locate your congressperson at : http://www.house.gov/.
You will get the fax number and postal address on their WebPages. There is no format as such, Just send them your Name, address, phone#, SS#, A#, filing date and DOB with briefly mentioned your problem. You can find their phone# too if you want to talk to them (I mean to their assistants) interactively. Good luck..