How long it takes for name check results to reach USCIS from FBI ?

outletvolt1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Apparently my name check results are fwded to USCIS by a magnetic
tape in the week of 15th August 05. Does anyone know how long it takes
for the results to reach USCIS for them to start acting on my application ?

Also, Is there a limitation on how many emails I can send to CSC-XII ?
My lawyer is quite apprehensive of making two inquries with USCIS when
one is already pending.

thanks,

OV

I was in the same situation. It took 7 days from fbi name check completion to CIS database updated. CSC-XII can't answer how soon data base will be updated. The best they can do for you is to notify you as soon as info from fbi entered into the CIS database.

dima66a said:
I was in the same situation. It took 7 days from fbi name check completion to CIS database updated. CSC-XII can't answer how soon data base will be updated. The best they can do for you is to notify you as soon as info from fbi entered into the CIS database.

Awesome.

1) Were your results sent via magnetic tape ?
2) Did you have LUD once results were received ?
3) How did you determine it took 7 days ?

thanks !

Same situation here

I went via my local senator for FBI name check. FBI said they completed the name check on the day of sending that email to senator and that the results will be sent to the CIS headquarters in the week of August 1st. After that there is a deafening silence, no LUDs no changes whatsoever. I am wondering what to do next. About 3 months back, in response my individual query CIS had responded that please wait for 180 days for further inquiries. I do not know what to do....

1) Were your results sent via magnetic tape ?
2) Did you have LUD once results were received ?
3) How did you determine it took 7 days ?

1) I don't have any information about how the results were sent. fbi email said ".... and the results were forwarded to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Headquarters, Washington, DC"

2) and 3) It is not possible to say if there was a separate LUD corresponding to NC results update. On that day I sent email to CSC-XII and got a response: adjudication should occur within 6 weeks after results received by CIS, but so far there is no update in the system. Several hours later I got another email saying: "I just confirmed that they put the information in the system ..." So apparently, this was the day when info from fbi reached CIS database. Next morning LUD changed, but since email from CSC-XII always triggered LUD for my case, I don't know if there would be LUD just for NC update.

gc_man said:
I went via my local senator for FBI name check. FBI said they completed the name check on the day of sending that email to senator and that the results will be sent to the CIS headquarters in the week of August 1st. After that there is a deafening silence, no LUDs no changes whatsoever. I am wondering what to do next. About 3 months back, in response my individual query CIS had responded that please wait for 180 days for further inquiries. I do not know what to do....

Thanks Dima.

gc_man: When does your 180 days get over ? Talk to your lawyer about
this and ask them to help you with communicating with USCIS.

It takes 6 to 8 weeks!!

My name check cleared on July 28th and Mr. Cannon says "The results were forwarded and faxed to the USCIS Headquarters in Washington DC requesting them to notify your Local Office".
485, CSC XII says result has not received till last week (till Aug end). I contacted with Local Congressman last week and they said it takes 6 to 8 weeks to update CSC database. Too difficult to believe in 21st century?

To outletvolt1

Hi outletvolt1,

Congratulations on your name check. I tried to send you a message, but my box is full. I tried to delete some old message, but couldn't do it.

I heard nothing about my name check. FBI does not reply my email inquiry I made on Feb 24, 2005. It has been almost 7 months. The Senator's office refused to contact FBI for me. I was going to ask my congressman to make an inquiry, but too busy to do it. Now the retrogression thing comes up. Since my PD is Nov, 2001 and it still takes a while for my case to become current, I don't think I can anything now. Just try to be patient. I am not that lucky as those people to get it approved in 3 months. Do you have a LUD reflecting FBI name check completion? Good luck to you.

Hope

hope_Nov said:
Hi outletvolt1,

Congratulations on your name check. I tried to send you a message, but my box is full. I tried to delete some old message, but couldn't do it.

I heard nothing about my name check. FBI does not reply my email inquiry I made on Feb 24, 2005. It has been almost 7 months. The Senator's office refused to contact FBI for me. I was going to ask my congressman to make an inquiry, but too busy to do it. Now the retrogression thing comes up. Since my PD is Nov, 2001 and it still takes a while for my case to become current, I don't think I can anything now. Just try to be patient. I am not that lucky as those people to get it approved in 3 months. Do you have a LUD reflecting FBI name check completion? Good luck to you.

Hope

Hope_nov,

Sorry to hear that, I was wondering why I didn't hear from you. I have
cleanedup my inbox.

Please call FBI (NNCP (202) 324-3625 ) tomorrow morning ASAP and tell
the lady politely that you haven't received answer to your mail and
describe in simplified manner the retrogression thing. Also, if I were you,
I would call Analyst Diane Berger (202) 324 0680. I found this info
here, there are more numbers.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/archive/index.php/t-187320.html

Please visit the local office of your congressman/woman and describe
the retrogression thing again. Tell them that all it takes is ONE fax to
FBI asking your and your wife's name check. I think you need to be
a bit (or a LOT) persistent. There is no reason NOT to push your
congresman's office. Please !

Try if congress persons outside your zip code is willing to help you.
Even tell them that all it takes is ONE fax to FBI. If your office happens
to be in another zipcode, try using congressperson from that region.

About Senator: Instead of asking them to "Push FBI" ask them to "Get
estimated time from FBI to complete name check" it should have same
effect I hope.

Please contact me at outletvolt1@yahoo.com and I can work with you. Remember you have 15 days and trust me you can do it.

dima66a: Congrats. How long did after you got the NC cleared email from FBI did you get the actual approval email. I got an email on 07/28. Wrote an email to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov today and within hours got a response back as:
"But here we are six weeks later and that information is not available to
USCIS nationally.
USCIS can not process until that information is available".

With retrogression hanging like a sword, I do not know what to do next. I have already asked the senator's office to inquire about my case with USCIS yesterday. .... :mad:

gc_man said:
dima66a: Congrats. How long did after you got the NC cleared email from FBI did you get the actual approval email. I got an email on 07/28. Wrote an email to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov today and within hours got a response back as:
USCIS nationally.

With retrogression hanging like a sword, I do not know what to do next. I have already asked the senator's office to inquire about my case with USCIS yesterday. .... :mad:

gc_man: they cleared my NC on 10th Aug 05 and sent those results to
USCIS Wash. D.C. on/around 15th Aug. 05. I emailed CSC-XII.485@ and
got reply within few minutes saying Let me try. Then next day I got response saying that they will process the case in a week. So it is a good idea to
push USCIS to make those results available.

gc_man

The time line was: NC cleared on June 23, 2005 -- results of NC received by CIS on June 28, 2005 -- case approved on September 3, 2005

As soon as NC was done (the congressman notified me about this 5 days before fbi did), I sent email to CSC division XII asking them about my case. They answered that my I485 should be adjudicated in 4-6 weeks. After 6 weeks passed and nothing changed, I sent them email again with the same question. They again answered that my case should be adjudicated within 6 weeks. Two weeks later (since there was not a single LUD) I sent another email with the same question. The answer was: "I have pulled your case and requested immediate review." 5 days later I got a phone call from congressman office and they told me that my case was approved. Two hours later I got a email from CSC that case was approved and card ordered.

I called FBINNCP this morning and was told that they stopped processing email enquiries and they put it on a special project. It will resume in several months.

I explained the retrogression matter. The lady told me they won't expedite the process unless USCIS advises. Apparently, USCIS won't do that. I will seek the help from Congressman today.

Hope

Just got in touch with my congress office. The lady told me that she has several similar cases in hand. She contacted FBI for the status and all the repsonses came back as clear, but USCIS insisted that they have not received the results from FBI. Somehow, USCIS lost the results during the transmission from headquarter to the district offices.

I am living in Arizona. If you are in a similar situation and living in Arizona, don't ask John McCain's office for help, seek help from your congressman. I approached McCain's office in July and asked them to contact FBI, but they chose to contact USCIS and got the response of name check pending which I've already known. Then I asked them again to contact FBI instead of USCIS, but they refused to do that and asked me not to contact them again in 6 months. I wouldn't vote for John McCain if I were a Citizen. Maybe this is the reason that they don't want to help me.

FBI name check email format

Gurus, can someone please cut paste the name check email sent to FBI ?

What was the 1st indication that your name check was pending for a long time ? Was it mail to FBI ? or mail to CSC.XII ?

There are some folks who say frequent mails to CSC.XII can cause RFEs but it seems that its not the case if you have legitimate requests/concerns. Thanks for sharing all thi sinfo.

FBI Email Format

qwerty1111 said:
Gurus, can someone please cut paste the name check email sent to FBI ?

This is a cut and paste from a previous post (Sorry don't have the link to that thread)

My spouse and I have filed an application for adjustment of status to
that as of Lawful permanent Resident with the USCIS California Service
Center on xx-xx-xxxx. Our application is now pending adjudication at
the California Service Center.
I am sending this note to you kindly asking for your office to please
provide the status of the security/name check I believe the USCIS
would have requested upon the filing of our application for adjustment
of status.

Following are the details of our case:
Primary Applicant
Name :
DOB :
USCIS Alien # :
Address:
Email:
Phone:

My spouse information :
Name :
DOB :
USCIS Alien # :
Address:
Email:
Phone:

I may be reached by phone or e-mail, if you require any additional
information/ documents to address my request.

Sincerely,

Good luck

gc_man: we have the same situation as you. Our name check was cleard on July 28, 2005 and was forwarded to USCIS headquarter. However, when we inquired CSC-II by the end of August, the officer replied that the result is not availabel yet. Have you contacted CSC-II these days? Who we can contact to make the result available asap?

Good luck to all.

Send an email to CSC on 09/15/2005 for a followup

Sent an email to CSC and got a reply in few hours as follows:

USCIS
nationally.

I sent a follow up email back to them asking them, how long does it typically take for the results to be updated in their DB, they didn't responded to that email.

I have parallely contacted the senator's office to ask USCIS, I don't think they are going to get any different answer...

No clue about next steps now.... I guess the FBI tape had an I/O error...