How long is it taking to get the US Passport.

CaliGC

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Can anyone of you gurus share their experience of how long is it taking to get the US Passport with regular processing.

My spouse and I submitted our passport applications on Sept 27th for the 4-6 week processing and now she wants to travel to India by the end of Oct. Kind of stuck in a limbo becasue.
1. Need to get the US passport... to speed it up we need to show overseas travel... scared to book tickets without passport.

2. Upon receving the passport (by good lord's grace) need apply for Indian Citizenship renunciation which itself takes 2 weeks and without this they are NOT issuing a tourist visa to India. Darn !!!

3. Not even planning for applying for OCI since it would definately not happen before Oct end...

any suggestions?work arounds? please advice.

My experience was that passports take 2 weeks with regular processing. But you also want to renounce Indian citizenship that will mean at least another 2 weeks.

I think you should delay your trip to mid November at earliest.

Status Update - Passport.

Gurus... Just a status update.

My wife's passport came in on Monday (10/8)... pretty fast indeed... Her passport was processed on 10/2 that is five days from submission.