How long does the "stamping" period lasts ?

pnbwzd

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a question. How long after you get your I-485 approval can you
go to get your passport stamped i.e. once approved do you have to
go to INS on certain one and only day or is there are period of
X days that you can go get your passport stamped ?
If there is a period... how long it is ?

No Title

There\'s no period as far as I am aware...but they won\'t order your plastic card until you get your passport stamped.

No Title

Hi again,

thanks a lot for your answer, I really appreciate that.
So, basically once you are approved you can go to stamp your
passport anytime you like after certain date, there is not
scheduled date or appointment ?

No Title

I went today to get my passport stamped in Baltimore. I just showed up without an appointment. I brought the courtesy copies of mine, my wife\'s, and children\'s approval notices. They wanted the photos and our I94s and stamped our passports. We offered our EADs but they didn\'t want them. The approval notices were returned to us. Check with your local office if you are unsure about their policy regarding appointments.

Please note they made me go out to get photos for the children because I didn\'t bring any as the children\'s approval notices didn\'t mention photos (mine and my wife\'s did).

No Title

Ned,

Do you have any kids older than 14 years? I have one, and I was wondering if the processing is different in their case. When I applied for 485, I had signed his papers because he was under 14 that time. Do you think they will send the paper work back (RFE?) for him to sign?

No Title

No...all are under 8 years old. My lawyer tells me the IIO might have made a mistake since photos and FP are not required for children under 14. Their I485 approval notices said their cards had already been ordered. I just wanted their passports stamped in case we need to travel abroad.

No Title

Hi, Ned Kelly,
Thank you for providing useful information.
I received an interview notice (PD: 02/98; 485 ND 08/99, EB2, transfered to Baltimore on 06/99) for Nov. 20.
The interview notice asks me to bring driver\'s license only.
My question: What is the specification of Photo (frontal or side face ) ?
                    What else should I bring with me in addition to employment letter and passport ?
Thank you in advance.