How long does it take your attorney to respond to EVL RFE?

slw3k

Registered Users (C)
My attorney received EVL RFE recently. He is preparing a template that we can just fill in company name, salary, etc. I haven’t received it yet. Should I push him? I am anxious to get the response out because according to the recent trend, approval happens soon after receiving the response.

Why I am asking is because I had bad experience with this attorney on my I-140 RFE. He informed us 2 months after receiving the RFE. Then it took him another month to prepare it. We almost missed the deadline when mailed it to NSC. I was very disappointed. Also, he is not consistent at responding to our inquires. Sometime he replies within an hour. Sometime there could be no response from him for days. As my company pays the legal cost; I can't do much about it.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar experience even if I hired my own lawyer. So, make these lawyers work, just contact them everyday.

To get my lawyer fax me RFE, I called her and left her voice messages for first four days. Then e-mail her next 2 days. The I told receptionist at that law firm to keep me on hold until I get her on line. After 20 minutes, I talked to her and asked about the RFE to fax me. She replied as if she is hearing it from me for the first time. Anyway, next day, I had a copy of RFE in my hand.

So, try something like this which will work in your case. But be polite, you still want them.

In marathi " Adalaa Narayan Gadhawache paay dhari" i.e No matter whether you are as great as God, you have to bow even lowest creature like donkey when your work depends on him.

Mugdha.

slw3k said:
....... I am anxious to get the response out because according to the recent trend, approval happens soon after receiving the response.....

THis recent trend has unfortunately become "old". I my self am in this situation and I have seen many others in this situation where more than 1 week has passed and still no approval even after RFE recd :mad:

Got the EVL from attorney

I sent email to him and his assistant again and finally got the letter template from them Friday. :)