How Long Does it take to get the Receipt

ansuans

My I-140 Case is filed with Texas Service Center. My Attorney is saying for the past 6 weeks that they have filed my case and haven't got the Receipt from INS.

Does anyone know how long does it take for INS to send the receipt? What I have heard is it normally comes in 2 or 3 days and max it takes a week. Also what will be the date present on the receipt? Will that be the one application was sent to USCIS or the date when they sent the receipt?

I am suspecting that the Attorney has not filed the case yet and tey are just saying that there is delay from INS. My past experiance with the Attorney's office also was not very positive...

Please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
My I-140 Case is filed with Texas Service Center. My Attorney is saying for the past 6 weeks that they have filed my case and haven't got the Receipt from INS.

Does anyone know how long does it take for INS to send the receipt? What I have heard is it normally comes in 2 or 3 days and max it takes a week. Also what will be the date present on the receipt? Will that be the one application was sent to USCIS or the date when they sent the receipt?

I am suspecting that the Attorney has not filed the case yet and tey are just saying that there is delay from INS. My past experiance with the Attorney's office also was not very positive...

Please help.
well, ever since last July's chaos, there is no telling how long will it take to get those receipt notices. however, i have never seen a 2-3 day receipt notice. on a regular basis it was 2 to 4 weeks after mailing the acctual package. if you overnighted the package, you could have had it in 10 days. but i guess those days are long gone and only the almighty can fix this mass.