How long between NVC letter and interview at consulate?

Rohan Ibn Azad

How long does it take the NVC to send the file to the embassy? I am from Dhaka, Bangladesh but would like to hear about any/all locations.

On 15th March,2018 I got an email from NVC stating that NVC has received all the requested documentation for the immigrant visa case and the applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas. In the email and in the embassy's website it was mentioned that most interviews are held within 3 months of NVC's receipt of all requested documents. It has been 4 months since NVC received all of my documents, but I still haven't got an immigrant visa interview appointment. On 6th August,2018 I contacted U.S. embassy Dhaka to know about my tentative interview date. The response I got from them was like this-

The priority date of the case is current. However, they have not received the case from the NVC yet. The file is now in transit from the from the NVC to US embassy Dhaka. Once the interview is scheduled, NVC will send the applicant and the petitioner the appointment package. At this moment they are unable to speculate about the exact interview date and time.

Hey! I can give a suggestion what to do about your issue. Email me to contact with me. My email address is: xxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! I can give a suggestion what to do about your issue. Email me to contact with me. My email address is: xxxxxxx

How come you’re unable to openly guide the OP in the open forum? Why the need for them to email you directly in order for you to assist?

How long does it take the NVC to send the file to the embassy? I am from Dhaka, Bangladesh but would like to hear about any/all locations.

On 15th March,2018 I got an email from NVC stating that NVC has received all the requested documentation for the immigrant visa case and the applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas. In the email and in the embassy's website it was mentioned that most interviews are held within 3 months of NVC's receipt of all requested documents. It has been 4 months since NVC received all of my documents, but I still haven't got an immigrant visa interview appointment. On 6th August,2018 I contacted U.S. embassy Dhaka to know about my tentative interview date. The response I got from them was like this-

The priority date of the case is current. However, they have not received the case from the NVC yet. The file is now in transit from the from the NVC to US embassy Dhaka. Once the interview is scheduled, NVC will send the applicant and the petitioner the appointment package. At this moment they are unable to speculate about the exact interview date and time.

''We previously notified you of the date and time of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S.Embassy/Consulate General in DHAKA, BANG.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel this interview. We will schedule a new interview appointment as soon as possible and notify you of the date and time. There is no need for you to take action at this time''- i just received this, any idea about this ? note : they didn't give me any date though

''We previously notified you of the date and time of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S.Embassy/Consulate General in DHAKA, BANG. Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel this interview. We will schedule a new interview appointment as soon as possible and notify you of the date and time. There is no need for you to take action at this time''- i just received this, any idea about this ? note : they didn't give me any date though

Could be any reason for the postponement

''We previously notified you of the date and time of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S.Embassy/Consulate General in DHAKA, BANG.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel this interview. We will schedule a new interview appointment as soon as possible and notify you of the date and time. There is no need for you to take action at this time''- i just received this, any idea about this ? note : they didn't give me any date though
Not much you can do about it other than wait.
When a friend got this from our consulate it was due to a presidential visit... could be anything from that to a planned power outage or who knows what.
And yes they said they would send you the new date once rescheduled... there are presumably a bunch of appointments they now need to find space for

This is typical when a consular post is facing a staff shortage or interview volume is higher than anticipated, but could also be any of the reasons mentioned above.