How fast adjustment I-485 can move?

camus

Registered Users (C)
hey guys!

I\'m a political asylee with an adjustment of status(I-485) pending. I\'m just wondering if it\'s true or not that the adjustment can be faster if an asylum case is a strong one or it doesn\'t matter at the end? we have to wait in the line like everybody does( wait like 3-4 years) I know it\'s a difficult question that nobody could answer but i just want to know if somebody thinks the same as i do, that stronger a case the faster he can get his I-485....what do u think?? this could be real?....ahh!!!! 3-4 years is too much!!...
Hey , by the way!! sorry with my english, i know it sucks!!!!!..... i\'m still learning... :)

Camus

yeah i know but...

thanks for answering jackarchernew..... i\'m new in this forum and i have read all related with adjustment I-485 for asylees, but none of the mesages talk about if it\'s true that a case if it\'s a strong case..i don\'t know..let\'s suppose there are million of dollars involved....just an example could help to get the permanent residence( first the stamp on the passport) faster. ..... I wish somebody here have worked in an INS office so we can learn more about this issue, what they care about inside that government institution,what would be the priorities in the adjustment cases.......

This is a very interesting web page and i thank everybody, i hope everybody keeps sharing their experiences...

Camus

No Title

When it comes to asylee I485 it DOESN\'T matter who\'s case is "stronger" or not. By the way what do you mean by "strong case"?

There is a law in the INA that states that only 10,000 aslyees shall be adjusted to LPR status per year. Certain nationalities are exempt from this quota by the Presidential decree or by the Attorney General\'s recommendation. But if you belong to the general category you will have to wait just like everyone else.

There are so many things INS will not explain to you in their web site or in the application forms. If you want to know the details you are suppose to ask them directly by visiting to the district office, call NSC, or ask through your lawyer.