How does USCIS ship cases to NVC?

dhlunar

Registered Users (C)
Received updates today from USCIS for my wife's parents I-130 cases. USCIS said they transfer the case to the State Department (both cases updated to state that).

So, how does USCIS ship the cases to NVC? The cases will be coming from the Nebraska Service Center. I checked online with the Post Office and mail from Nebraska to NH can take up to a week if they ship it by first class.

Also, is NVC usually efficient of uploading the new cases into their system the day they arrive from USCIS?

Would waiting till this Friday night and calling NVC to see if they have the cases in their system a safe bet, or should we wait till early next week?

It takes about 2 months (actually little over that) to get the case number from NVC. MY parents case was approved in the last week of Jan (or first week of Feb), and NVC's system showed that they have received the case (when I called last week), but still no case number. Rep said that will take another 4-5 weeks :(

It takes about 2 months (actually little over that) to get the case number from NVC. MY parents case was approved in the last week of Jan (or first week of Feb), and NVC's system showed that they have received the case (when I called last week), but still no case number. Rep said that will take another 4-5 weeks :(

Did USCIS ever update the case status system to say when they shipped the case to the National Visa Center?

I personally think that USCIS would use some sort of traceable service in order to transfer files to NVC. I know that NVC says it can take up to 8 weeks from the time the case is approved till the time that they receive the case. The only prior interaction I have had with the State Department is with Passport Services which stated it would take 4 to 6 weeks to get a passport, but I get mine in 3 weeks without having to pay anything extra.

I dont remember, but I think within a week of the case approval there was an update that mentioned about case being shipped to NVC. For the first 2-3 weeks, NVC didnt had the file in their system. Last week, they told me they have received the case (it took about a month after approval for the case to reach NVC, meaning it showed up in their system that they received the case, but still cant give me the case number for another 3-5 weeks). I will call them again on Friday to see if there is an update.

Hope that helps.

Did USCIS ever update the case status system to say when they shipped the case to the National Visa Center?

I personally think that USCIS would use some sort of traceable service in order to transfer files to NVC. I know that NVC says it can take up to 8 weeks from the time the case is approved till the time that they receive the case. The only prior interaction I have had with the State Department is with Passport Services which stated it would take 4 to 6 weeks to get a passport, but I get mine in 3 weeks without having to pay anything extra.

I dont remember, but I think within a week of the case approval there was an update that mentioned about case being shipped to NVC. For the first 2-3 weeks, NVC didnt had the file in their system. Last week, they told me they have received the case (it took about a month after approval for the case to reach NVC, meaning it showed up in their system that they received the case, but still cant give me the case number for another 3-5 weeks). I will call them again on Friday to see if there is an update.

Hope that helps.

Hi, Friends;

Has NVC given you the case number yet? My I-130 was approved on May 13, 2014 by USCIS, but I have received any correspondence from NVC yet. I sent an inquiry email to NVC last Wednesday, but did not receive any response. Tried to call 603 334 0700 but never get it through.

Thanks.