how do I persuade employer allow TN->GC myself?

youyou

Registered Users (C)
My company is using Fragomen as visa lawyer for my TN.

Fragomen helped file TN -> H1B this Apr as starting point of TN -> GC, but I didn't get H1B because of not winning H1B lottery.

Now I want to start TN -> GC myself, since I saw those success stories.

But, how do I persuade employer to allow me to do that step by step from PERM?

But, how do I persuade employer to allow me to do that step by step from PERM?

I don't think that you can do anything by yourself at this point except to push the lawyer to start PERM and 140

Infect PERM & then 140 have nothing to do with H1 or your TN status.
They should even start that before you apply for H1.

the PERM and 140 have no effect on your current TN.

I think you should start pushing them to start these two precesses( you can't do 140 until you have approved PERM )

HTH

So PERM & 140 are seperate issue from H1 or TN?

Of course. TN and H1 are temporary work authorizations that lead nowhere.

PERM and/or I-140 are employer requests for PERMANENT employment leading to Green card. They can be requested for someone who doesn't even work for them of isn't even in the US (yet).

If I asked Fragomen to start with PERM / 140, they still say I have to switch to H1 first, then PERM 140, how should I respond?

Are PERM & 140 employer related?

If my current employer helps me get them, and I get another offer, will they still be valid, or I have to do it all over?

These are Q's best posted on the PERM and I-140 boards.

But generally, unless your GC process id quite far along (ie. 180 days after filing I-485) you would start from scratch.

The firm filing PERM is agreeing to be your sponsor for your GC, so it has to be a two-way street.